The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help before I make my final decision on a new set of rims. Debating between Konig Oversteer or Niche Targa in 18 or 19.

I think The 18 are pretty straight forward both sizes are 18x8 40 or 45 offset. Im thinking both should be fine with a 235 45 18 tire.

My issue is I am not sure what will fit if I decide to do 19's. I would like to run 245 40 19 because of options and cost. Is this possible?

Konig Oversteer 19X8.5 with a 45 offset

Niche Targa 19x8.5 with a 35 offset

Can anyone confirm that those rims will fit and absolutely no problems with the tire size 245 40 19? Should I think about changing tire size if I go with 19s? I've read some threads about guys going 225 with 19's but isn't that to narrow? Will any of those offsets stick out?

Also wouldn't mind any opinions on which model looks nicer.

Thanks

·
Registered
488 Posts
Need some help before I make my final decision on a new set of rims. Debating between Konig Oversteer or Niche Targa in 18 or 19.

I think The 18 are pretty straight forward both sizes are 18x8 40 or 45 offset. Im thinking both should be fine with a 235 45 18 tire.

My issue is I am not sure what will fit if I decide to do 19's. I would like to run 245 40 19 because of options and cost. Is this possible?

Can anyone confirm that those rims will fit and absolutely no problems with the tire size 245 40 19? Should I think about changing tire size if I go with 19s? I've read some threads about guys going 225 with 19's but isn't that to narrow? Will any of those offsets stick out?

Thanks
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Try this until someone chimes in, both those rims are sweet , im running the oversteer so I'm partial to those.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Niche Targa 19x8.5 with a 35 offset that is the same configuration as my rear set up running with 245/40/19 with zero issues.

225 is ideal for an 8.0 wide wheel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
Try this until someone chimes in, both those rims are sweet , im running the oversteer so I'm partial to those.

Yeah your pics got me on the Oversteer. Really like them. Might just get the 18's but I'm not sure if I'll lower my car right away. Thats got me thinking to go 19.

Niche Targa 19x8.5 with a 35 offset that is the same configuration as my rear set up running with 245/40/19 with zero issues.

225 is ideal for an 8.0 wide wheel.
Thanks, what do you have in the front?

The Oversteer also come in a 30 offset instead of 45.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
30 offset might poke out a bit, 35 is flush.

Front I have 19x8.0 +35 with 225/40/19.
No issues.

·
Registered
488 Posts

No issues.
From all the research I have done 225/40/19 is the ideal size for the altima in a 19.
Just make sure its a 8 inch rim so the tire is not streched

30mm would not work

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

No issues.
Any reason for having 225 in the front?

From all the research I have done 225/40/19 is the ideal size for the altima in a 19.

30mm would not work

Thats an even cheaper option but I Im worried about ride comfort. Would the 245 be more comfortable then 225.

I've been at it for a while trying to educate myself on this. From the online tools it doesn't look like I should have issues. I think I'm going for the Oversteer in 19. 18X8.5 45 offset should be fine from what I can understand.

My understanding with the tire options is

225 40 19 - worst ride comfort out of all 3?
235 40 19 - should work great but tire option and price a problem
245 40 19 - should be most comfortable? Just a tad worried about fit

Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
488 Posts

Thats an even cheaper option but I Im worried about ride comfort. Would the 245 be more comfortable then 225.

I've been at it for a while trying to educate myself on this. From the online tools it doesn't look like I should have issues. I think I'm going for the Oversteer in 19. 18X8.5 45 offset should be fine from what I can understand.

My understanding with the tire options is

225 40 19 - worst ride comfort out of all 3?
235 40 19 - should work great but tire option and price a problem
245 40 19 - should be most comfortable? Just a tad worried about fit

Thanks for your help guys
Yeal your spot on with your reseach same I came up with 245 would be confty but most likely rub some ,235 is better but pricy 225 is a harsh ride.

I like a 19 but opted for 18s price and confort wize but im also lowered .
235/45/18 that im running is stock size on the upper models mine is a s model.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
It's a staggered set up.

19x8 F
19x8.5 R

I mean technically, I guess I can do 225 in the rear as well, but it might look a bit stretched on a 8.5 wheel (probably not).
- but there is really no reason to do this, because I would never rotate the 8.5 wheels to the front, so having the same 225 all around doesn't give me any benefits.

This is a good go by tool as to what tire width SHOULD go with wheel width
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/Rayo187/TireWidthChart_zpsa1d018b6.jpg

But then you have guys that like that tire stretch look with the wheel cambered in like crazy.

I follow a local action tire shop on Instagram and they do a lot of stretched tire work.

I see some people doing a 215 on a 9.5 wheel, just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's a staggered set up.

19x8 F
19x8.5 R

I mean technically, I guess I can do 225 in the rear as well, but it might look a bit stretched on a 8.5 wheel (probably not).
- but there is really no reason to do this, because I would never rotate the 8.5 wheels to the front, so having the same 225 all around doesn't give me any benefits.

This is a good go by tool as to what tire width SHOULD go with wheel width
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/Rayo187/TireWidthChart_zpsa1d018b6.jpg

But then you have guys that like that tire stretch look with the wheel cambered in like crazy.

I follow a local action tire shop on Instagram and they do a lot of stretched tire work.

I see some people doing a 215 on a 9.5 wheel, just to give you an idea.
Can you post up a pic of your ride please.

·
Registered
488 Posts
looking good. Sucks about the caps. Would adding a washer help to get the stock caps on? Where the new caps expensive or did Konig send them out free? any other options for caps that will fit?
Konig charged me $13 each for the new caps , the stock flush cap had a cleaner apperance ,with the 35mm offset this would not be nessary, but with the drop that would not work, I was surprised how big the replacement cap was ,I was thinking it be one with a small dome to it.
No way to use a washer.

Thanks for the good comment, I think im looking good until I see some other rides on here.

·
Registered
488 Posts

Thanks
Ha John , when I found the rims I wanted and was unsure of the tire size ,I decided to order thur a discount tire store , they can mount any size tire you want to check fitment (mine were even special order not a stock ideam) so have them order 2 sets if your unsure, the tires can be sent back but once the rim is mounted you own it.
So test fit the 245/40/19 if it works great if not just go down 1 step ,at first they weren't that happy with me doing that, but they half to guarantee there service, they even test fitted a 35 offset for me.
They also price match I found the rims for cheaper online and they matched that price ,refunded me $50 bucks.
Plus I got life time warrenty and ballance on the tires

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes it will fit and 235/40/19 is the closest to stock size there is... but like you said they are expensive and there are very few choices in that size.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes it will fit and 235/40/19 is the closest to stock size there is... but like you said they are expensive and there are very few choices in that size.
Don't know what to do though. 245 might be to big and cause problems and I don't think I can test out before. I'm here in Canada and it's tougher. I want to get them online to save but don't think a shop will help if the 245 don't fit.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't know what to do though. 245 might be to big and cause problems and I don't think I can test out before. I'm here in Canada and it's tougher. I want to get them online to save but don't think a shop will help if the 245 don't fit.
There is not that much difference between a 245 & 235 play it safe with the 235.
What rim & back spacing did you decide on?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts