The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a lady at work that has an 93 maxima. She has F'ed up wheels and wants mine. My questions are:

1) What are the best places to get wheels onilne. I'm not talking pepboys!

i know of www.tires.com and www.tirerack.com I dont have any car mags here w/ me at work, so i'm hoping you guys could provide some input.

2) I want 18" Wheels, LIGHT in weight. how much is *too much* for wheels.

3) how much should I charge her for my wheels. I've got a litttle over 3K on them.

Thanks in advance.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
1. try www.discounttiredirect.com, they have free shipping. and more selections than tirerack, also look into www.wheelmax.com. they have a huge selection.

2. are you just looking for wheels or wheels and tires?? too much for just wheels would depend on how much you are willing to spend. some people spend $2000+just on wheels, and sometimes $3500+ on wheels and tires. i personally am looking to spend nomore than $2000 for both rims and tires....we will see how that goes.

3. i was gonna sell my rims and tires for $500 which i think is a good deal. so if its a co-worker $500 is good. especially with only 3k on them.

you are welcome

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
unless you dont like the person...then $800. i was cutting the person a deal, but remember you can get them off ebay for like $600.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
you are in the same boat as me, ive been looking for affordable 18", but shiney black rims with a chrome lip....and i have yet to find one.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
from ebay or what you should sell?

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
djliquidice said:

Hehehe... personal sale. ;)
ok, i think we lost each other...or at least im lost. let me start over, our rims are on ebay for like $600, i dont think its with tires, so i think you should ask for $800-$1000 depending on how fine the chic is.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heh.,.. i'm not gonna comment on this. She's a grandma already. =P So i'll try to cut her a break and say like 700 or so. =\ that seem fair?

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
fair to me, but think you should milk it for all you can get....(no pun intended) hehehe. dont milk her physically. start at $1000, if she goes with it good, but dont go under $800

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
Now don't laugh....I got my wheels from Sears for my Mr2. I took the tire rack add to them and they ordered them and and so on..and matched the price.

Good for me, because any problems....I ride up the stret to sears and they fix it.

Sears orders from Tire Rack.....Yes it was news to me..Good thing too....Tire rack sent sears my wheels with 4 lug bolt pattern on 2 rims and the car is 5....so they had to deal with the returns and the BS

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
FYI - the locking lugs that came with my wheels from Discount are a full set of 20 Gorillas (Not 1 per wheel). NICE! The ones that came from Wheelmax with my friends wheels are JUNK! If you order locking lugs with your wheels make sure they are good ones.

·
Registered
370 Posts
djliquidice..
would like to sell mine too. was thinking
800 with tires is a good deal. didnt know
ebay had em for 600 wheels only....

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eticket said:
djliquidice..
would like to sell mine too. was thinking
800 with tires is a good deal. didnt know
ebay had em for 600 wheels only....
I quoted the lady 700. I Didnt want to *rob* her. She's sweet. I figure 300+ more or so for my new wheels isnt too bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts