The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With he stock power of a 3.5(and a CAI) it is hard to get a good consistant launch. Is there any way to stop the wheel hop on a launch if the RPM's are a little high or the traction is a little poor? Get it right and the car moves out well. Use the wrong RPM and you get a good shaking.

·
614 Posts
i guess the only thing u could do is drive the car right........or maybe try different tire/suspension setups........and still drive the car right

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Learn how to slip your clutch, you get just as good as a launch, but instead of dropping it, you take it out like normal accleration, but faster. Takes a bunch of practice to get a good skill so you can do it proper and get the same 0-60 feet as if you dropped it. I do this only because I rather burn my clutch up, but save my CV boots and transmission.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Good Info! Thanks PhilGood!

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Limited Slip Differential will fix wheel hop too?

I thought it's only good for transfering power correctly to drive wheels, especially in hard cornering, and reduce wheel spin?

·
Registered
11 Posts
warhoggie said:
Limited Slip Differential will fix wheel hop too?

I thought it's only good for transfering power correctly to drive wheels, especially in hard cornering, and reduce wheel spin?
i dont think it does much for wheel hop. i still get it pretty bad even with my LSD.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Suspension will help some.

3M Window Weld= homebuilt Urethane engine mounts. This will fix it for good. Use a caulking gun and gloves. Window Weld does not like to come off of hands.

Or you can contact Place Racing and see about getting some built.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts