The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ridin' on 19's...FINALLY!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching gave me the right sizes, but now I am looking for reccomended setups. Should I buy one set of 4 locks and use regular lugs for the rest, or should every lug be a locking one?
Also, what looks better with gunmetal wheels? I don't think shiny chrome lugs would look good but I haven't been able to find any that are gunmetal. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
gator grip =X.........i need to find a set of wheel locks that won't be defeated by it.

·
Ridin' on 19's...FINALLY!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
464 Posts
Those are called "spline drive" lugs. They are not a locking lug. You do need a spline tool to remove them, however all spline tools are the same. They do not have any variance in the key designs like a lock set does. So if someone has or buys a spline tool and they like your wheels, they can take them with no problems. The worst part is a spline drive tool is like $3.00 and you can buy one anywhere that sell wheels.
Lock sets may look ugly with one miss matched lug, but with over 10,000 different keys there is far less of a chance of your wheels walking away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts