The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's probably been asked a lot of times, the concept still confuses me about offset,

However I am trying to find out if a set of rims from a Accord will fit my Nissan Altima 2007, My current offset being 45mm high positive and the Accord's being a 55mm high positive. Is there enough offset being 0.394" to cause rub or any problems? What would be an acceptable offset to deviate away from stock?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was playing around with those links earlier today, everything matches perfectly except for the offset being 10mm+ over my stocks.

Says 10mm less
retract 10mm

Not sure what to make of the results.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They would set IN 10MM more than stock. That would be wrong. Would push tires inward to body of car and farther way from fender. Unless you bought spacers to push them out, it would look horrible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They would set IN 10MM more than stock. That would be wrong. Would push tires inward to body of car and farther way from fender. Unless you bought spacers to push them out, it would look horrible.
Thanks, I ended up finding something on wikipeda that actually defined the effects of too little positive and too much, I thought the more positive the more it pushed outwards to the fender. Now that I know I will have to see if it's worth the money to buy the rims and spacers.

Thanks for that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the double post, wanted to share the wheels I ended up buying,

Only paid $260 CND

Also the offset was only 5mm off so it ended up working out great!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry for the double post, wanted to share the wheels I ended up buying,

Only paid $260 CND

Also the offset was only 5mm off so it ended up working out great!
Have similar look the stock 17" SE Sedan rims. Nice find!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know it's probably been asked a lot of times, the concept still confuses me about offset,

However I am trying to find out if a set of rims from a Accord will fit my Nissan Altima 2007, My current offset being 45mm high positive and the Accord's being a 55mm high positive. Is there enough offset being 0.394" to cause rub or any problems? What would be an acceptable offset to deviate away from stock?
I think it is 45mm

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think it is 45mm
I am running 18x8 with 35mm offset and 235/45-18 tires. Still have decent amount of room before even coming close to rubbing. I am also lowered on Eibach's

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am running 18x8 with 35mm offset and 235/45-18 tires. Still have decent amount of room before even coming close to rubbing. I am also lowered on Eibach's
Okay well I got another question lol, They couldn't mount the wheels because of the lug nuts I had, stock were too big to tighten, and the ones that came with the wheels which are 12x1.5 so they turned twice and stopped. What are the numbers I need to get these on? They told me I'd need a size up but I am uncertain with it, Stock size is 12x1.25? They were too wide I guess acorn? So I have to order some new ones but don't want to order the wrong set since I need 20 of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts