The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I got my money now so i'm ready to buy. I'm looking at the Konig Prophets in 19x8 and the offset is +38..... tires.com suggested that I get a 245/35/19. I want to make sure that this is the best size to get so I wont rub, I have an 05 2.5 so i'm worried about the rear tire well. Also i'm getting my sounds hooked up, and I will have 2 10" subs, amps, the whole 9 in the trunk. Also on rare occasions, I might have some passengers in the back. SO what do you think will this wheel+tire setup work for what I have planned???

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I totally changed my mind on the rims, i'm getting the Falken Torque 5's...didn't want to because i've seen alot of cars on this site with them, but not in my town. i'm getting 19's of course 19x7.5 +42 offset...what tire size?? 245/35/19 or 235/35/19????? Oh yeah i'm getting chrome because I have a Sonoma red Alty so gun metal wont work and silver is too plain IMO, thanks in advance guys.

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
Okay I totally changed my mind on the rims, i'm getting the Falken Torque 5's...didn't want to because i've seen alot of cars on this site with them, but not in my town. i'm getting 19's of course 19x7.5 +42 offset...what tire size?? 245/35/19 or 235/35/19????? Oh yeah i'm getting chrome because I have a Sonoma red Alty so gun metal wont work and silver is too plain IMO, thanks in advance guys.
I too am thinking of changing to the Falken Torque 5 in Gunmetal Grey though. I have someone buying my rims that I currently have, but I am keeping my tires which are 225/35/19.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
lowriderman3 said:
I too am thinking of changing to the Falken Torque 5 in Gunmetal Grey though. I have someone buying my rims that I currently have, but I am keeping my tires which are 225/35/19.
So the 225/35's would be the way to go? I'm worried about rubbing when I get my audio hooked up. What about the 235's I dont want my tires to be that thin being as though my car isn't dropped, and when I do drop it i'm using prokits??

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
edrex said:
I have my car lowered with the pro-kits. I should have my rims and tires on sometime next month, so if you can wait that long then I will put up some pics and let you know how everything works out.
Eric
:D Unfortunately i cant wait that long, i'm trying to get some wheels in the next couple of weeks. Man I didn't think this would be so hard trying to pick out some rims for my car. maybe i'm just too picky:D

·
Ridin' on 19's...FINALLY!
245 Posts
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
Hey ed where did you get your Prokit from, and how much were they, and what lenght drop do you have??
I got mine off ebay (here is my auction). They were around $230/shipped. This included sales tax since both the seller and myself are in California. Out of state buyers would be less.
I didn't measure the drop, but it looks great!! I am hoping it will still be good after I put the new wheels/tires on. If they aren't low enough then I will sell them to a friend of mine and go for sportlines. Click my registry for pics after the drop. I will have better ones up later too.
e.

·
35 ALTIMATIC
519 Posts
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
Hey Sir Nupe A Lot, on a 7.5 rim the norm would be a 225 tire but I've done research on this for my own rims. The only company I found that allows for a 235 tire on a minimum 7.5 inch rim is Kumho with their Ecsta MX tire. The specs are directly from their site. Check this link:

http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/PtnDetails.asp?mainCatID=1&PtnID=KU-15

Look under the "Rim Width Range".

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alxm said:
Hey Sir Nupe A Lot, on a 7.5 rim the norm would be a 225 tire but I've done research on this for my own rims. The only company I found that allows for a 235 tire on a minimum 7.5 inch rim is Kumho with their Ecsta MX tire. The specs are directly from their site. Check this link:

http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/PtnDetails.asp?mainCatID=1&PtnID=KU-15

Look under the "Rim Width Range".
Thats TIGHT because those are the exact tires i'm getting check out this site!!! http://www.vulcantire.com/ecstamx_t.htm

·
35 ALTIMATIC
519 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay i'm asking again because i've been to two local rim shops here and they both said the same thing. Okay as you all know I want to get the Torque 5's 19x7.5 42mm offset. And Blake you suggested the tire sizes above (225's). But they told me that I could run a 235/245 tire. And also on tires.com..and I called to make sure..they said that a 245/35 would work without rubbing. Man this shit is confusing come on guys can I get a straight answer???

·
Registered
464 Posts
I did not say that 235/245 would not work on the car, I said they are too wide to fit a 7.5 inch wide wheel. I cannot speak for other companies and the products they sell, but I can tell you that none of the brands we carry in a 235 or 245 19 will fit a 7.5 inch wide wheel. There is not enough flrx in the side wall to go that narrow.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts