The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a new set of G-Racing Chrome Mags. 18x7.5 with 225/45 Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-03. Looks great. Took them from the dealer to have them installed at a Goodyear Tire. They installed them and said have a nice day. Immediately noticed a vibration at 40-60 mph. Took them back the next day to have them re-balanced. While trying to remove the tuner lugs, they said they found 2 stripped and one lug bolt broke. "Must be a defect". Reinstalled the wheels and told me it must be the rim.
On the way home, decided to stop at another tire dealer (Big 10). These guys were great. They could not balance the wheel (oversize) but offered to put it on the rack and look anyway. Noticed the wobble when they ran the car on the rack. Took off the wheels and to my surprise, one of the techs wanted to know where the "Hubcentric rings" were. To finish this quick, ordered the rings, had them put on (at Big 10) for free (paid the tech even though he didnt want the money) and now it runs great.
Morale of the story: Get hubcentric rings if your after market wheels dont fit the altys bore. Altys bore is 66.1mm. (my rims were 73!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SeRious.

Exactly....if your rims bore is 66.1 then its not an issue. However, many aftermarket companies will make the rims larger to accomodate a larger audience. THOSE require hubcentric rings and the reason I did this POST.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts