Nissan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Was wondering if someone has a pic of where to drill the hole in your firewall, or a very accurate description of where. I dont want to miss and hit something :p

thanks a lot :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now my wire is run somewhere near there, where near the door hinge did you drill? and how much room do you have to make the hole behind it hehe. Thanks a lot TL

·
Registered
110 Posts
I drilled through a piece of hard plastic (I think that's what it is, could have been metalic, not sure because it's been a while). If you look under the dash, on the drivers side above the pedals, you can see it. If I remember correctly, it is near the brake master cylinder in the engine bay. I think it was white. It was really hard to get a good angle to drill out, but it worked. Hope this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
soaped said:
Hey guys, Was wondering if someone has a pic of where to drill the hole in your firewall, or a very accurate description of where. I dont want to miss and hit something :p

thanks a lot :D
What year is your Altima?

Manual or Auto?

I have a 2001 Altima. I pulled of the splassh guard off the front driver's side tire. There are two wiring going through there. One of them is the wire for the hood release. I made a hole in that grommet and ran it through the firewall that way.

Don't forget to pull back the carpet and padding so you can see and get the wire through. :)

JB

·
Illest in Nebraska
3,097 Posts
Try and find a hole or something of that sort already there. only drill if you have to if so put a little bit of caulk or liquid nails around the wire and hole to keep it from against the metal

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
soaped said:
right now my wire is run somewhere near there, where near the door hinge did you drill? and how much room do you have to make the hole behind it hehe. Thanks a lot TL
Where I drilled was right between the pinch weld and the lower hinge.. there is plenty of room behind.. it comes out of a hole in a foam sheet under the kick panel.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
2,594 Posts
I tried and tried to find a good place but couldn't so I took it to a shop and paid them $5 to drill it, they put it right next to the big cylinder on the firewall (can't remember if its the brake or the power steering) if i get a camera sometime soon I will take a picture ;-)

·
upward spiral
1,334 Posts
i got a 2001 there was a little cutout in the firewall up in drivers side area..i just tore out that foam cutout and drilled through that plastic/metal

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys i ended up drilling a hole behind the kick panel TL said and it went perfect to the wheelwell. Pulled that into the engine bay.

Im using 4 Pioneer TS-a1695 compression horns, 2 tweeters, and 2 kicker 12" subs in the trunk right now
headunit is a deh-7200

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
groupie
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing