The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and nowhere like ace hardware, or home depot, Sears hardware etc. carries the pliers or rings. I didn't think they would but I figured I'd try. Where did you guys get your stuff?

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
What is a hog ring? btw...did you ever make it to the track?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its for installing aftermarket leather.

Thanks altimat but I need this stuff by this weekend, installing the leather saturday.

As for the track na haven't even installed my blow down tube yet :(

I did accidentally leave me bottle warmer on without the bottle open an the bottle went way up to like 3000-4000psi and DIDN"T blow the cap off? WTF? But there was so much pressure my purge kit and actual nitrous solenoids wouldn't even open!!!!

All i can say is the 125hp shot has turned my car into a monster. I don't bother posting about it anymore after last time. I couldn't imagine running that 50hp shot anymore like I was at the track hehe

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
Try local upholstry shops

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I looked in the yellowpages.com and found a 1/2 dozen #'s I'm gonna call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forgot to ask, i got mine from autoleatherinc.com

I'm sure I can get the pliers and rings locally.

Hey altimat what are side cutters? YOu said you needed side cutters for the install? Also I didn't understand 1/2 of your writeup on the leather install :( guess its because I have no experience with installing leather, nor am I familiar with the seats in this car.

I'm so glad I got the door inserts over already.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
altimized02 said:

I dont think you will find this type of pliers at any auto store...no average person has the need for them. If you have a auto industrial supply house in your town they would have it. Here in my town we have 2 such places, one that carries all auto paint and bodyshop supplies and another that supplies auto parts and tools for auto and tuneup shops..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I work at an Ace Hardware and we have them. Never knew they could be used for leather. It's located in Oswego, if you have any idea where that's at. Its near the Naperville/Aurora area. Good Luck

-Chris

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey dude thanks I work in Oswego and Aurora all the time. Used to live in Downers Grove know the area well. But I found an ebay seller that lived like 5 minutes from me, he had the pliers and hog rings and sold all of it to me for $7!!!! THey work GREAT too.

Wish Altimat would tell me what the hell side cutters are? A tool to cut the hog rings incase I need to cut one out if I make a mistake?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Side cutters are just a heavy duty wire cutter. You can get them from any hardware store. They are generally next to the pliers and tin snips.

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
I can sell you mine if you want. I've the plier and hog rings. Let me know if you're interested.

altimized02 said:
I've been looking around and nowhere like ace hardware, or home depot, Sears hardware etc. carries the pliers or rings. I didn't think they would but I figured I'd try. Where did you guys get your stuff?

·
Registered
279 Posts
altimized02 said:

Hey altimat what are side cutters? YOu said you needed side cutters for the install? Also I didn't understand 1/2 of your writeup on the leather install :( guess its because I have no experience with installing leather, nor am I familiar with the seats in this car.

I'm so glad I got the door inserts over already.
I went to the site $375 for leather has to be the cheapest I have seen yet. How is the quality of the leather. Does it feel rich, does it seem like it will hold up for 3/36.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
altimized02 said:
Side cutting pliers are a tool you would use to cut the old hog rings off. Make sure they're big ones, or that you have strong hands immune to pain.

Sorry the write-up doesn't seem clear. Maybe as you get going it'll make more sense. A lot of people have successfully installed leather with it.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the quality is REALLY good, i mean just a great set, not only are the whole tops of the front seats real leather, but so is the front of the head rest, and so is the top of the front armrest cover, and so is the WHOLE entire tops of the rear seats (no joke and you can easily see the difference between the vinyl on the sides). AND THE rear side pads (the parts on the far left and right the pieces that stay put when you fold the seats down), and so is the center armrest in the rear. I absoluely love them.

THey sort of have a bunched look like in luxury cars where there is just a bit extra in there to create a cool effect instead of just straight flat. Once you use them it REALLY BLENDS well after the seats break in. I absolutely LOVE these seats :) Soft and flexible. NO lines AT ALL even starting like you get on cheapo leather from sitting in them.

I also applied "saddle soap" to them so now they are really nice and smooth. The more you sit on them the better they get. I cannot believe I got such a great deal :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
altimized02 said:
the quality is REALLY good, i mean just a great set, not only are the whole tops of the front seats real leather, but so is the front of the head rest, and so is the top of the front armrest cover, and so is the WHOLE entire tops of the rear seats (no joke and you can easily see the difference between the vinyl on the sides). AND THE rear side pads (the parts on the far left and right the pieces that stay put when you fold the seats down), and so is the center armrest in the rear. I absoluely love them.

THey sort of have a bunched look like in luxury cars where there is just a bit extra in there to create a cool effect instead of just straight flat. Once you use them it REALLY BLENDS well after the seats break in. I absolutely LOVE these seats :) Soft and flexible. NO lines AT ALL even starting like you get on cheapo leather from sitting in them.

I also applied "saddle soap" to them so now they are really nice and smooth. The more you sit on them the better they get. I cannot believe I got such a great deal :)
Thanks for such a detailed description. I will have to get theses, but I willhave to get someone to put them in. I do not have a clue. :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dude neither did i!!!! I swear it is so simple and so easy its not even funny. All you do is just look at the seats after you pull them out, you will see how to do it, its so self explainatory. I mean I was sooooooooooo worried about doing it but it was so easy. Took me like probably 12-14hours, but easy easy hours. I took my time because I'm lazy and didn't feel like hurrying. I'm sure it could be done in 5-7 hours if you are really motivated. All you do is chop off these little loops (hog rings) that hold the seat covers on, then put new ones on. THe pliers close the loop rings around a piece of wire that is on top of the seat padding. And there is like a strip of leather hanging down with a strip of plastic on it and you just loop the ring around that, and the wire on the seat, whalla!!! easy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts