The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm ready to install my HIDS, where is the plug for the connection - old headlight wires ???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I got the instructions, but I'm not sure where to plug the plug connector which should connect into OEM connection on the car / power output for the headlamps. I spent a few minutes looking where the wires are going, but couldn't find the end of it.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
your H1 based bulbs will conect to the ballast. The ballast in turn will connect right to your OEM factory harness.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
Yeah, I'm interested in the install too. I have the stock headlights, I mean I don't think they are HID's since I got the base model. How does the philips h1 HID bulb fit into the headlight? Do I just use the tiny clip thingy and secure it like that? I noticed on my friends philips HID's his clip is much bigger and stronger than mine..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PanteeDropper ... I know all that, but my question still stands, where is OEM harness ... ThanX!

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
What kind of kit is this bro ? There is no "OEM harness" so to say, just the H1 connector. . you may have to tap into the OEM power lines for the ballast. . or you might just want to invest about $50 or so for a plug & play harness. . its your call. What did come with the kit ?

·
Knight Davion
542 Posts
I just got an H1 kit. It was very straight forward. I mean, the ballast has two wires coming from it. One plugs into the bulb and then the other connects to the original wire harness. However, you probably will have to cut out a bigger hole on the cap that closes the headlight in order to fit the new wires through.

Im sorry, that probably makes no sense but maybe ill take some pictures to post.....

·
35 ALTIMATIC
519 Posts
Neno said:
PanteeDropper ... I know all that, but my question still stands, where is OEM harness ... ThanX!
There are two terminals inside the light housing, one of these connects to the back of the H1 bulb the other connects to the base around the bulb. Disconnect these two and connect them to the ballast. They are basically spade terminals. It is not your typical harness like the one that connects to the fogs or high beams.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Guys, I don't know what it would take to get the answer from you.
Can anyone post a pic where is OEM harness located. I have plug and play kit from Xenondepot = H1 / Phillips, but I don't know where is the OEM connector located. Where is the power coming from ? Everything is connected, H1 to ballasts, etc, but the end of the cables looks like plug that has to be connected to the car. I hope I explained it this time. Please help !!! If you can, please answer where is the connection, where is the power output for headlamps. Besides this I know there is also connection with the fuse that goes to the + battery.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your input, but the posts and FAQ didn't give any closer info where is the power output from the car where I could connect the wires from HIDs ballasts. Is there any way that someone could post or send me a pic or explain where I could connect the wires, so ballasts can get the juice from the car. I know I'm repeating myself, but can anyone help?
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts