The Nissan Club banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
did you just scrape the clear orange paint off the back?
Its an entirely new gauge overlay. Kev has been working on them for a while, you wanna talk about a perfectionist LOL.

Looks good Kev, cant wait to see it once all the bugs are worked out!!!

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
7,428 Posts
Nice job kevin. How did you do that? My girl is nagging me that she wants pink lights (smh).

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
Nice job kevin. How did you do that? My girl is nagging me that she wants pink lights (smh).
Is your girl's car a 2002-2004? You just have to remove the existing gauge face and create a new one.

I've done some preliminary stuff which have had various issues. I've been working with a print shop for quite some time using different substrates and inks. I think we are on the right track this time. I owe BT a set, because he gave me the LED bulbs that I used in the picture above. Prior to that I was using the stock incandescent bulbs. The next set will have darker hues, as the LED bulbs almost wash the reds and blues out.

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
did you just scrape the clear orange paint off the back?
Font is also completed different, I couldn't stand the italicized ugly OEM font. Also there is a half circle around the edges of each gauge, OEM doesn't have that. Quite a few differences.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
706 Posts
No problem. You have to push and hold the mileage reset knob, while pulling them off and placing them in the correct area. If you hold the knob down, they should go to their respective spots; letting it go, they just fall back on the needle stoppers. Keep pushing it in and holding it, till you get them in the right spots; you may have to pop a needle off and put it on a couple of times before it sits correctly.

If you want you can give me thanks in this thread :)
While doing this, do you have to have the instrument cluster plugged in and torn apart to reset the needles? Or do you have to unplug the cluster and reset the needles then plug it back up?

I know this thread is old but I messed up my tach's needle awhile ago and this is the only thread on how to fix it.

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
You need to have your cluster plugged in, otherwise you won't be able to calibrate it at all. Refer to this post and you'll see what needs to be done to get it into calibration mode.

While doing this, do you have to have the instrument cluster plugged in and torn apart to reset the needles? Or do you have to unplug the cluster and reset the needles then plug it back up?

I know this thread is old but I messed up my tach's needle awhile ago and this is the only thread on how to fix it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will make a video tomorrow. I have done it a few times. Are you holding the trip reset knob (the stick). The old fashioned knob that no one hardly uses. Also make sure your computer was previously on trip A or trip B before starting the procedure.
Oh man! I wish I could see that Video

41 - 47 of 47 Posts