The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Double "A" from the Bay !
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: Don't smoke, but curious on where's the ashtray? I usually just use the ashtray for spare change and couldn't find it. There's a cigarette lighter on the bottom middle compartments but, no ashtray.

Anyone knows where it is? It Should be underneath the stereo or is this an option?

Have a Nissan 2002 Altima 3.5 . . .

·
Registered
81 Posts
It might just be Nissan General management's way of expressing his (their?) distaste for drivers that smoke. Probably got burnt by ashes flicked out of the car ahead at one time.

Anyone know if there is an ashtray in the '02 Maxima, Sentra, or trucks they make?

OpalBlue

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
Then they should at least include a change holder. There isnt a really good place for change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have heard this complaint about there not being a place for storing change/coins and I wonder what car those people are driving. There are lots of places to store change in this car!! What about the upper level of the center console storage? or even better how about that large storage space under the radio? You can keep change there as well as other items...just because it is not shaped round and small like in other cars doesn't mean you can't use it..............

quoting akima
Then they should at least include a change holder. There isnt a really good place for change. Then they should at least include a change holder. There isn't a really good place for change

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
I've tried both those spots. Maybe my are are too short, or maybe I should just velcro one of those ugly Walgreen holder to the dash.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Coin Storage[/B]

There IS a coin storage compartment.It's the one under the radio.
The upper compartment of the console is a back up that can be used if you want to keep something else in the one under the radio....

·
AE '00
356 Posts
This was the first thing I was wondering about when I got my altima. I wish there was a dedicated coin holder or at least an ashtray. For right now I keep my change in a zipper bag in the top of the center console. Hopefully this will be one of the new things that Nissan will improve upon for 2003 or 2004.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Re: Center Console for COINS??-Not

wx4caster said:
Put coins in the top storage of the console, then try to access the lower storage area. I don't like picking up coins, so yes, there needs to be a dedicated coin holder.
What do you mean? I have coins in the top portion. I open the bottom portion all the time. No coins come out. Are you opening the top and then opening the bottom and spilling the coins?

You can keep the top compartment closed while opening the bottom compartment and nothing falls out of the top compartment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.