The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
amsoil

i use amsoil its the original synthetic. and they have the balls to show comparison charts on their site unlike the other brands. 6 bucks a quart

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
mobil 1 synthetic. 5-30W

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
bigbird said:
if you want "the best" - go amsoil. If you want cheaper "best" go with mobil 1 - its a blend however.
Mobil1 is only a buck cheaper.. Mobil1 oil filters are $12.00. I had Royal Purple in there before and it was about the same price as Amsoil, but had to do a emergency oil change a couple weeks ago and didn't have time to get my Royal Purple ordered.

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
royal purple must be a west coast thing , ive never even heard of it . and amsoil isnt popular on the east coast. mostly mobil and penzoil synthetic, maybe castrol also .

but i think i might change to amsoil , and spen the extra cash . i just looked up the comparison charts and they are suprising

·
Registered
63 Posts
MightyMouseAltima said:
royal purple must be a west coast thing , ive never even heard of it . and amsoil isnt popular on the east coast. mostly mobil and penzoil synthetic, maybe castrol also .

but i think i might change to amsoil , and spen the extra cash . i just looked up the comparison charts and they are suprising
It's not a west coast thing. I live in Virginia and bought my Royal Purple at the local Pep Boys.
Amsoil and Royal Purple are pretty similar, it may come down to personal preference between the two.

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
For those of you who use amsoil. How often do you change your oil and/or oil filter?

On their site it lists the following for the 3.5. Which do you guys use?

Engine Oil
Grade 1......SL
Series 2000 Synthetic 0W-30 Motor Oil
SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
SAE 5W-30 XL-7500 Synthetic Motor Oil
Series 3000 Synthetic 5W-30 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil
Above 0°F......10W-30, 10W-40
All Temps......5W-30[1]

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
cybersax said:
It's not a west coast thing. I live in Virginia and bought my Royal Purple at the local Pep Boys.
Amsoil and Royal Purple are pretty similar, it may come down to personal preference between the two.
well i lived in richmond, VA for 8 yrs and have never seen royal purple on a shelf at advanced auto, or auto zone, must be a "pep boys thing" :D

·
Old Member
263 Posts
check out pep boys.. see if they have it..... btw, im on the other side of the state from you... :)
(Well not anymore... moved to boston for college, but i technically "live" there)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts