The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get either a 15" Kicker Impulse for $95 or a 12" Audiobahn (forgot the model number) for $130. These are just the speakers. One more question, I was thinking about facing the sub toward the inside of the box so the cone would be on the outside, does this make it sound better?

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
What is the power handling? Are they DVC? My personal favorites have been Soundstream and Autotek.

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Audiobahn has a 1000w handling. Atleast thats what the sticker said. I don't know about the other because the salesman said he had to go do something and never returned. I don't know alot about audio.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kicker impulse aren't as good for rock music, etc.. they are pretty nice for hip-hop/r&B. Although kicker makes some good subs, there are better for nearly the same amount. Make sure you use a good box if you do get the impulse.

oops forgot, if you are getting a smaller amp go with the Kickers, they do very well with 50rms to them since they are 150rms subs

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have MBQuart tweeters and Alpine 6x9s, plus all my factory speakers. I have a 600w Kenwood 4 channel amp and I also have another 300w amp I can bridge it to if I need more power. I listen to different kinds of music but mainly hip hop.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
I recently heard a Audiobahn 12" dvc 400 watts sub , and that thing sounded good !! if u dont have a lot of cash flow, Audiobahn is very reasonable, and u get a real good bang for tha buck !!! I also heard 4 12" Audiobahn DVC, i think it wuz like 800 watts rms, and this guy had 2 MTX 2300x amps, and damn that shit wuz loud az hell !!! Those thingz were hittin hard az hell !!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
cant opinionate on audiobahn cause i havent heard them :p hehe I myself have 2 kicker impulse 12's in a box, but I am planning on selling them for something smaller

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to get the Infinity's but they cost like 300 and I don't have that much money right now. I want something right now. I just bought my Altima and I miss my system in my old car. I guess I am going through withdraws.:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts