The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big balla
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 40 series tires on my 17s but they make the wheels look kind of small in a way and the front wheel gap is huge compared to the back, you guys with the 45's, is the tire size all that different, like do they look more like the stock size, i dont want it to be ugly like that i just want to get rid of that gap w/o cuttin the springs, i might just get coilovers, but then again i heard that 40 seriez are to small for altimas with 17's anyways so i should go with the 45s but i dunno.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
what's wrong w/50 series? It'll really get rid of the gap. :)
Jae

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
i have had 45 for about year now and love them! people seem to get 40 series and always want to go back to 45. 45 is good, because you dont feel every bump on the road like you do with the 40 series. your best bet, get the 45 series!

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,406 Posts
It also depends on the section width of your tire... not just the aspect ratio (40/45/50/etc.)... because the aspect ratio alone does not determine sidewall height... it is a combination of the aspect ratio and the section width TOGETHER that determine sidewall height.

I have 225/45ZR17's, and the sidewall height is just right IMO. Just ask the SD peeps. :) Very little tire-gap... no tucking though, just because I don't have the GC's all the way down.

·
Proud Owner
559 Posts
45's better, taller wider perfect in a 17"

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
1,955 Posts
i have 205-45-17 paradas and they look nice. at first glance, they look like 40s but after inspection, they are 45's. they ride soo much better then 40's. its the correct ratio. but i would get paradas if going 45's. for some reason, the parada 45 looks smaller (wall wise) then any other tire i have seen. i'll have pics soon, latas .. .

·
Nissan God
14,424 Posts
kudakev97SE said:
i have 205-45-17 paradas and they look nice. at first glance, they look like 40s but after inspection, they are 45's. they ride soo much better then 40's. its the correct ratio. but i would get paradas if going 45's. for some reason, the parada 45 looks smaller (wall wise) then any other tire i have seen. i'll have pics soon, latas .. .
werd, man whats up with your car bro, i wanna see pics of that bitch

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,406 Posts
will said:
definaly 215-45 you get also get longer wear out of the tires. they ride pretty smooth would never change.
good luck
will
Actually, Tire Size (section width, aspect ratio, sidewall height, etc) have nothing to do with tire wear. The number you want to look at when buying tires is the Treadwear Rating. The higher the number, the harder the rubber is, the longer the tires will last you, under given circumstances. Stock tires are about 300+ or so. My Pilot Sports are 220. Full-On race-tires (aka slicks) have a treadwear rating of close-to-zero.

Will is right though, about the larger aspect-ratio giving you a softer ride, both because the sidewall height is taller, but also because shorter-sidewalls require higher air-pressures to be properly inflated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts