The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen this before! What do you guys think? Sorry if this has been posted already, couldn't find anything:

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
repost,

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
Read somewhere awhile ago that if these guys: http://www.speedhut.com/
got 20 people interested, they would make indiglo type gauges for out Alti's. I don't think people were too enthusiastic at the time, so they were never made. Maybe the time is right to approach this company again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would be very interested in new gauges for my car, i like the white face, but i dont want orang backlight, i tried talking to my mechanic who is also a friend, and asked him if he knew anywhere i could get white faced guages, but get all my interior lights (on the AC, STEREO BUTTONS GUAGES ETC.) blue to match my neons, and he still hasnt found anything, any of u guys know anywhere this might b possible, or maybe if its simple enough for me to do myself??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never looked behind the guage cluster, but I would start with removing the unit, find one of the amber bulbs, take one out and go search local auto parts stores/electrical shops for matching size in blue. Some work involved here, but if you really want that look, you'll have to handle it!

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
i like the orange and white during the day. but i dont like the orange lites when lit up. which are all the time in the altima. damn. im not big on the orange lites, even though i have had a few friends change thier gages to orange lites because they liked my altima. i dont know why they would do that. my friend rob has a 99 gsr with white gauges stock and he put an orange lit behind them to look like mine. and i dont even like mine!

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
ey those used to be 99 bucks only...that crap went up 10 bucks..hahaha...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have an extra gauge cluster.....the gauge face plate is what makes it orange. you cant just replace the bulbs. and i tried to make a new face plate that would of been blue but i ran it to problems have them made.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i think altima owners jus get too used to looking at the orange lite, at first i loved it, now it jus got old ya know, so id like them blue

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
i hate them, makes my eyes fill like they are bleeding after 30 mins of driving at night.. I would love for someone to make a led kit that would be a simple add on in difference colors like blue,red,green..

·
hello
3,517 Posts
nlzmo400r said:
i think altima owners jus get too used to looking at the orange lite, at first i loved it, now it jus got old ya know, so id like them blue
yea, it was pretty unique for the first few weeks, then it became an eye strain! Wouldnt blue hurt your eyes even more? cuz its usually brighter... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
actually no, i think the color that is hardest on your eyes would be yellow, and the easiest i knwo is green, because green for one is the most visible color to the human eye, and this is why most cars do or atleast used to have green lit gauges

1 - 19 of 19 Posts