The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Behold the Power of HID!!
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend at work just got a new VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg edition...he wanna race me....I'm thinkin I can take him! For those who don't know me, here is what I have in my car;

• PR CAI
  • MSD Ignition and Coil and Jacobs Wires
  • Pulley
  • Torque Converter
  • Exaust

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would say the 1.8T but if your Alt is 00 or 01 it maybe close.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I raced a 1.8T audi and I kicked his ass. I have a 95 gxe 5 speed with intake. I dont know if they are the same engines though. Peace.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
If I am correct the WOLFSBURG edition is faster than the 1.8T regular version VeeDub.You will lose....sorry.:D

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Yeah, if you had a 5-spd it might be close (even then I'd give him the advantage) but with an auto no way, even with your mods.

·
P-Fuzzy if ya nasty
1,350 Posts
my sis has a 2001 jetta 1.8t wolfsburg 5spd damn nice im learnin stick on it, its fast tho and it kinda makes it a lil mor difficult to learn on, may b if i learned on a saturn lol jk guys ill never drive a saturn

that reminds me of this girl i no, she said that she was gonna learn stick on her dads ferrari i told her that it was a bad idea, and thats like learning etticut in buckingham palace

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
wtf are you guys smoking

Are you guys kidding me? Turbo doesn't mean its fast ok?? Do you understand that? Especially if its stock.

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Wolfsburg Edition
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 8.3 sec.
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline
Horsepower: 150 hp @ 5700 rpm
Torque: 155 ft-lbs. @ 1950 rpm
Turning Circle: 32.8 ft.
Weight: 2952 lbs.

You'll rape him left and right. Look at it this way, with your torque converter and mods, you have more power than his turbo can do for him (115-hp without it). I've raced 1.8T Golf and its slow as shit off the line (I was stock at the time). I test drove a Jetta 1.8T and its not anything special, my altima feels awsome off the line. On the freeway its different, but you will kill him in an acceleration race. Just look at that 8.3 sec 0-60, how pathetic.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
prtyfly4whtguy said:
my sis has a 2001 jetta 1.8t wolfsburg 5spd damn nice im learnin stick on it, its fast tho and it kinda makes it a lil mor difficult to learn on, may b if i learned on a saturn lol jk guys ill never drive a saturn
Mark, you better not drive a saturn. I learned to drive stick on 300ZX so I don't know what you're talking about.
Ask your sister for a test drive and I challenge you for the sake of a test, I don't have a TC but I will destroy that Jetta bad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: wtf are you guys smoking

osama said:
Are you guys kidding me? Turbo doesn't mean its fast ok?? Do you understand that? Especially if its stock.

You'll rape him left and right. Look at it this way, with your torque converter and mods, you have more power than his turbo can do for him (115-hp without it). I've raced 1.8T Golf and its slow as shit off the line (I was stock at the time). I test drove a Jetta 1.8T and its not anything special, my altima feels awsome off the line. On the freeway its different, but you will kill him in an acceleration race. Just look at that 8.3 sec 0-60, how pathetic.
Do you know what the Altimas 0-60 is? I'll give a hint, not that great. I believe the fastest ever tested was a 94-95 base 5spd at about 8.1. Most are not close to as quick as that one,.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Re: Re: wtf are you guys smoking

silversix00 said:

Do you know what the Altimas 0-60 is? I'll give a hint, not that great. I believe the fastest ever tested was a 94-95 base 5spd at about 8.1. Most are not close to as quick as that one,.
lol, 8.1 is still faster than 8.3, also new altimas are faster than that, and he has mods. He is still gonna win by a huge margin.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If the jetta has a CHIP he will murder you. If he doesnt would will kill him in any kind of race. Race him and tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Re: wtf are you guys smoking

osama said:

Is that a joke, you will whoop Jetta's ass. My 97Alti (auto) ran 0-60 in aproximatley 8.7sec, and I don't have much done to it. Just CAI, custom exhaust, and u/d pulley.:D

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting...you'll were havin me think at first that I would be beat hands down....now i really think i can take him....this is my last week at work before school starts again...so I'll see if I can get a race in before I leave.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
I raced a NEW GOLF 1.8T....killed him(my co-worker) off the line as I do most of the time.I heard that TURBO spooling as I had him about at my bumper.Once the 'whistling' stopped...he jump ahead and I was at his bumper.It stayed like that till we shut down at about 70-75mph.

You can post magazine numbers all day long.My co-worker can drive and he beat me hands down.I aint no scrub at dragging,but those GOLFS are quick.Watch your ass...

BTW the co-worker that beat me is getting a chip soon.I wont be able to touch him then:D

Hurry up and race and post the results;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Re: Re: wtf are you guys smoking

osama said:

lol, 8.1 is still faster than 8.3, also new altimas are faster than that, and he has mods. He is still gonna win by a huge margin.
Actually new altimas are slower, as they are heavier. Now if you are talking 2002 Altima, then I agree. But a 2000 was supposedly rated at a low 9 sec 0-60 run

·
Registered
69 Posts
sorry charlie, if you got a auto you are to slow. Just messin, but really autos and speed dont mix unless your in a dragster. and i dont know abot no 8.1 sec 0-60, Ive been clocked at 7.2 and i have light mods. then again i also rip other altys with great frequency. Go get that jetta

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
my 99 1/2 SE-L seems pretty damn quick for an AUTO, plus with TC you will have just as good a launch as a manual. manual has 5 speed so they are close ratio compared to 4 auto but you can still manage.

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This has nuttin to do wit my friend wit the Wolfsburg edition but....I jus murdered a regular Jetta las nite! What does that have like 125HP??? LOL!! I love it when people try to pick on me cause I got an Altima...and I spank them!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts