The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a flowmaster muffler on their car, how much did it cost and how does it sound. Thanks

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
MastaKillah said:
Who has a flowmaster muffler on their car, how much did it cost and how does it sound. Thanks
Ummm well I know Magnaflow and Flowmaster are made by the same company. But from me hearing Magnaflow I don't like it just my opinion

·
boosted
397 Posts
Magnaflow and flowmaster are two completely different companies with their own r&d and manufacturing facilities. Flowmaster mufflers are designed for domestic v-8s, and their so full of baffles and mazes you'll see little, if any hp gain. You'll just get a really deep exhaust note. Magnaflow mufflers are far less restrictive and feature a straight through design.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Chad said:
Magnaflow and flowmaster are two completely different companies with their own r&d and manufacturing facilities. Flowmaster mufflers are designed for domestic v-8s, and their so full of baffles and mazes you'll see little, if any hp gain. You'll just get a really deep exhaust note. Magnaflow mufflers are far less restrictive and feature a straight through design.
Yes they probally have there own facilities but they are still the same company.

·
Dad
316 Posts
I have heard a flowmaster on an altima and I didn't like the sound - like a stock muffler with a hole in it. I think that one was a 40 series (the most common one) and supposedly the 60 series is more for imports, but I would try something else.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they do have import applications so if their is anyone with one let me know, and about that magnaflow, I have the same questions for those too, and borla. Sorry, I know all this is basically domestic, but I am tired of hearing all these damn fart pipes, all these ricers I see have different tips, but all their exhaust sound the same! So, I would like an alternative. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts