The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got HID lights which are made for the Acura TL. When i turn them on they look a very bluish purple color, and then fade out to super white. after a while when i keep them on they turn a bit purple but not like the benz lights. does it have to do with the headlight housing which doesnt reflect the ligth correctly or something else??

i will have pics in 10 min.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Moving this to the General forum (you'll get a better response there anyway).

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
It's the manufacturer of the HIDs. Each manufacturer uses a slightly different bulb/ballast combination.

I don't know who makes the HIDs for Honda/Acura, but I've never liked the look of them. I have Philips, and they never really turn white. They're always bluish, even after they're warm. They're just REALLY blue when they're cold.

I like the Narva systems too (Audi). It's not abnormal for HIDs to change colors once they're warm.

·
Registered
969 Posts
there was an ebay auction on phillips hid's...

and from phillips, they said that i think it's 300hrs and then the bulbs change to the right color...

something about the chemical properties of the gas... it changes or something... how long have u run the bulbs for?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
altimuh said:
there was an ebay auction on phillips hid's...

and from phillips, they said that i think it's 300hrs and then the bulbs change to the right color...

something about the chemical properties of the gas... it changes or something... how long have u run the bulbs for?
It's not 300 hours to warm up. It's more like 1000 hours before you need a new bulb (the gas dies). For the bulb to warm up, it takes about 10-15 minutes. After that, the color is stable.

·
Registered
969 Posts
nah.. i didn't mean 300.. i think it's 30...

what happens is, the "tone" of the light changes... it's still hella bright at night (b4 it changes) but it's supposed to change the color of the light a bit... i've been looking on philips website, but i can't seem to find it right now.. but i've heard this from a few places, and i remember reading it on philips website....

l8a!

i wanna put these in my fog lights!!!! wonder if that would work (they have a H3 kit)

·
One Shot~ Liquor Shotz~
227 Posts
selimited, where did you get those? Im really feelin those tl lights? Does it fit right in or did you need to modify some things?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the TL lights

they did fit right away, but they were a bit smaller than my 9007 housing so i had to silicone it and then use zip ties to secure it.

·
One Shot~ Liquor Shotz~
227 Posts
Where did you get them? How much do those things run? Watz all involved in tha install such as bulbs, those box thingx, wires etc

·
13,020 Posts
I hope where ever you got it, it was legit.

the beam pattern is affected by the way our headlight housings are but I'm not sure if that would affect the color of it

I've always like the look of the HID's from the Tl's.

PT: are you sure that the bulb of the HID systems only last 1000 hours? I heard that they should pretty much last the life of the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where i got the lights

I got the lights from a friend of a friend, so I didn't bother asking question, he offered them to me and i took it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts