The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Always something better
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in the Altima Brochure that the built in garage door opener comes standard on the 2.5 SL, but on the 3.5 SE you need to have leather to get one, is that a misprint or is the one on the 3.5 with cloth seats:angry4:

I was just wondering cause Im so used to the one in my Pathfinder and Altima:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
EDGE said:
I was reading in the Altima Brochure that the built in garage door opener comes standard on the 2.5 SL, but on the 3.5 SE you need to have leather to get one, is that a misprint or is the one on the 3.5 with cloth seats:angry4:

I was just wondering cause Im so used to the one in my Pathfinder and Altima:D
Nope, its no misprint. I have the 3.5 SE with cloth interior and I do not have the homelink. Its a shame you have to get the leather to get the homelink, the auto climate, and the fancy rear-view mirror.....but its not that critical.

Kevin

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
lu2race- how do you like the auto climate control? i was wondering if i could add this later. i just couldn't wait and it wasn't offered with out the factory leather. What does the mirror do? Is the one that reduces glare?

·
465 Posts
ritepina
The auto climate is nice. Just set it to a temperature and it maintains it.
The rear veiw mirror seems fine, but for me coming from a 'normal' RV it took a little time getting used to the image. At times, I have just turned the feature off, but it is good when a truck is behind with brights on!!

·
Man with Car
228 Posts
I'm not too wild about the automatic climate control myself, but I think it's a control issue with me. I like turn turn little knobs and set things the way I like them, rather than have a computer do it for me. It's especially annoying this winter, because if I set the unit to Auto and the temperature to, say, 78 on a cold day, the thing blasts a mountain of hot air at my feet but none at my abdomen. I have to set the thing to Manual to control the vents.

It was kinda warm for a few weeks after I bought the car in October, and I wasn't quite so thrilled with the A/C in Auto mode either. I'd set the thing to 72 degrees, for example, and on a warm (but by no means hot) day when I started the car the computer would direct a full-on arctic front into the cabin -- fan speed set to full. Conversation is impossible for the first few minutes until things cool enough for the controller to ramp down the blower motor.

All in all, I think I'd prefer the manual climate control. Nissan should offer it as a standalone option.

Jarrod K. Wright
'02 3.5SE 5-speed w/cousin of HAL climate control computer
'98 SE 5-speed w/nice knobs and sliders

·
Registered
884 Posts
I really like the automatic climate control. I don't think it would be very easy to do a swap later.

For me, the climate control took a long learning curve. The way they named the modes is sort of confusing. First off, they have a button that says "Auto". This means the AC Compressor is on.

So, if you set it at 80 degrees on a cold day, you are driving around with your AC Compressor on and also heat coming from your heater core doing most of the work.

The next button is "Econ" or Economy. This means AC Compressor Off. By having this button on in the winter, I notice better power because my engine is not driving the compressor. Also, on a nice day, I can use the Econ button and set the temp at 60 and it blows ambient or outside temp air in the cabin.

Jarrod is correct though that the default setting on the "Econ" mode in the winter for warm air is blowing on your feet. But, you have a "Manual" button on there that really just changes the routing of the air to the vents.

So... If you hit "Auto" and then hit "Manual", you have turned on the AC Compressor, and then can cycle through the vent options. The car is still in a sort of Auto mode with the AC on, but you are manually telling the air where to go.

It really has the same features as the knobs and is a bit more confusing but I like seeing the actual number of temperature I want, and I also like the way it looks better than the knobs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2002Altima said:
I really like the automatic climate control. I don't think it would be very easy to do a swap later.

For me, the climate control took a long learning curve. The way they named the modes is sort of confusing. First off, they have a button that says "Auto". This means the AC Compressor is on.

So, if you set it at 80 degrees on a cold day, you are driving around with your AC Compressor on and also heat coming from your heater core doing most of the work.

The next button is "Econ" or Economy. This means AC Compressor Off. By having this button on in the winter, I notice better power because my engine is not driving the compressor. Also, on a nice day, I can use the Econ button and set the temp at 60 and it blows ambient or outside temp air in the cabin.

Jarrod is correct though that the default setting on the "Econ" mode in the winter for warm air is blowing on your feet. But, you have a "Manual" button on there that really just changes the routing of the air to the vents.

So... If you hit "Auto" and then hit "Manual", you have turned on the AC Compressor, and then can cycle through the vent options. The car is still in a sort of Auto mode with the AC on, but you are manually telling the air where to go.

It really has the same features as the knobs and is a bit more confusing but I like seeing the actual number of temperature I want, and I also like the way it looks better than the knobs.
Could not have said it better myself. I really like the auto climate control, (after I got used to it). It was really part of the reason I bought the car.

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
thanks for info! guess i will have to control my temp the old fashioned way...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back to the HomeLink Transceiver issue...

The brochure said it's need Luxury Packages
but www.nissandriven.com said it's standard!

tune in next week... I'll let you know what I have! =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts