The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I had my system tested a couple weeks ago, it measured 137.7DB. I think it'll go louder if I get a new alternator but it shuts down if I turn it up too high because it's not recieving enough power. I also adjusted the output voltage from my deck (turned it down to 4V from 5.5V), now it's shutting down less at high volume. I'm kinda new to car stereo but I have a friend who's really into it - I'm just curious how other people's systems measure and what equipment was used.

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
949 Posts
146 : Might have squeezed a few more DB out if I had spent a few more hours tuning it.

D

·
0 Posts
Dunno what mine will hit yet. We may DB Drag it next month to find out.

Demmy

·
See ya on the flipside...
2,076 Posts
I hit a 153 in my 200SX and that's the exact same set up I"m going to be using in my Altima, so I'm hoping I'll be hitting about the same. I'll need to take it up to work and test it. Laterz.

·
Banned
1 Posts
01LTD said:
I hit a 153 in my 200SX and that's the exact same set up I"m going to be using in my Altima, so I'm hoping I'll be hitting about the same. I'll need to take it up to work and test it. Laterz.

huh?? what did u say??

i am all stock. it rocks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, 144 and 146 are both respectable, I must be doing something wrong w/ my system, hopefully I can score higher when I'm done tweaking the system

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Shiz, Don't get too down, there are lots of factors that can factor in to your SPL(db). Could be the music u tried it out with, could be the placement of the mic(boom). Could of depended on whether or not the others were measured Outlaw style or doors closed at the front of the dash. Almost 138db is not bad. It may have to do with how your woofers are wired and how they are wired to the amp. Also, maybe with ur enclosure. If you do a contest with regular db, everyone uses the same piece of music so it should be pretty fair across the board, If you are running Outlaw, you can use whatever u want. Most serious competitors will just use one bass note of like 5-10 seconds cuz they already know that hits the hardest for them and that's all they need to get a mark. Hope this sheds some light.

·
Kawasaki Ownz
441 Posts
145.5....3 kicker compvr 12's.....can do better with a better planed out bass track.....

D

·
0 Posts
Best bet is to find your cars resonant requency. Most bass CD's will have test tracks... just play through the test tracks all at the same volume, same amp setting, same everything. Listening through the tracks, one will "seem" louder. This is the result of resonant amplification. Using tracks of your cars resonant frequency in competition usually yields better results.

Demmy

·
Heineken Skank
385 Posts
DB's

156 on the dash with 2x 18's, now probably 150-153 or so with 1 18 ported. did a 172 in the port. my next system will be strictly for SQ but with some bass.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
single subs comp. 1 10 at 136.1 dbs at the dash

1 - 18 of 18 Posts