The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is only one name that comes to mind, DAN MARINO, I know many will disagree saying that he never won the Super Bowl, and my answer to that, Football is a team sport.

You have other 10 guys on offense, another 11 on defense, nm special teams and backup. They all have to do their job for a play to be complete., not just ONE player.

Many will disagree with me and say, Joe Montana is the man, Joe was a great QB no doubt, but Joe had plenty of weapons, Jerry Rice, the best football player EVER to step on a football field, the man was as close to perfection as anybody could be, John Taylor, a super star WR if he was on any other team, Brent Jones a heck of a TE, Roger Craig, The first RB ever to combine a 1000yards on rushing and receiving in a single season, Charles Haley, Ronnie Lott, need I say more.

Pound for Pound, Marino would piss on Montana and light him on fire, arm strength, lighting release with pin point accuracy, the first and only til this day to throw for 48TDs in one season, and 44 in the following, the closest anybody got was Bret Favre with 38.
A QB record that no one is even close to.

And still I Montana is Third on my list, after John Elway who is very similar to Marino but not quite, and me being a Broncos fan know that John wouldn’t have won shit if it wasn’t for Terrell Davis rushing and scoring and taking off a ton of pressure off of John, plus all the WRS, Sharpe and solid defense

Marino never had a running game, the best he had were the Marks brothers, Duper and Clayton, and the defense was a lost cause.

Before you respond, think of this, Troy Aikman was on a team that won 3 Super Bowls, Phil Sims, Jeff Hostetler, Tom Brady won 2 and the list goes on, you think any of these come even close?!

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
brad actually is a good qb, hes been thrown around the league in a few years...and his numbers compare to the elite, thing is tho, he was never the highlight reel compared to these guys.

however i would say favre...over the years many players on the offense have come and gone, and hes been the only constant, and no matter who it is, hes always put the numbers up there and always got them to the playoffs

1,407 Posts

·
A d m i n
225 Posts
i hate to say it

but marino was a great qb - we argue every year about this - too many fins fans here up north. a qb has to do all the little things to make his entire team better. how many times did marino audible out of running plays to throw the ball? he was a great passer but never committed to running the ball and running wins games. yea he won a ton of games but when push comes to shove to win the big game you need to control the ball and not turn it over.

hey, i'm a bills fans and jim kelly is by no means one of the best ever but he ran the team to win games, gave the ball to whomever was needed to win. buffalo had a decent defense back in the day when jelly was around but it was not great. kelly did what he could to keep the offense on the field... thus not giving up points........ i never saw this in marino.

PS: glad no one voted for bledsoe... ugggh what a mistake.

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Unitas.

This question is so hard because there have been some absolutely Super guys to play the position. I could see if we were talking about RB, because that would be a hands down answer. But the QB has had way too many flat out greats.

And as a side note....My hands down RB will shock a lot of folks. But I have facts to back my reasoning up. I just don't want to steal homeboys thread.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts