The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't...im at 42,600km and running strong and took it in today for vibration under braking, rattling windows and fuel door that would only close sometimes...service advisor says my car has been poorly maintained...but who wants to pay absurd amounts of money at 12000km intervals for them to check stuff/rotate tires/change oil...thats pointless!!!

what yall think???

·
Wanted
1,084 Posts
I have. The dealerships in Cali are so much better than the ones up here. I told them to exclude the wipers, oil change, tire rotation, and other minor stuff that I did to cut costs but the ones here said they couldn't because it was part of the maintenance package price. Idiots.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
I get the car serviced at St. Clair Motors - Nissan every 6k. The main reason why I go is because they don't screw me around! I have too many relatives that all have cars from there and all are return customers. (1x300z which might be traded in for the 350 soon, 2xPathfinders, 3xAltimas, 2xMaximas, 1xXterra, 1xSentra) And before when they were still Datsun, my parents got their cars from them. Same owners and everything.

I don't mind paying that $76/hour because I know it's done right. And I've gotten compliments on my car even though it looks stock.

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Same here, why go somewhere else when you know that if they mess up, they are the ones paying for it...!!! If someone else does it, and forgets to put an oil cap, or even forgets to put oil in the engine as i've already seen this happen, you'll be stuck with your problems, and the dealer couldn't care less of what you've done to the car if they've never seen you around..!!

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
My dealer see's me all the time! :D I've gone in for so many things.

One time I went in just to bitch about why the 98/99's only had one cat in the engine bay and none under the car. Other production years had it where you would normally find it plus most had a pre cat in under the manifold. One of them tried to show me on a 2k that we did and in fact it, being the 2k, had one under the shifter. Just then my parents rolled up and I showed him that the 98/99's in fact didn't have two!

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
^^ kinda embarassing when your showing dealerships about elements of a car the're normally suppose to know themselves from top to bottom

definitely embarassing

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Dude thought I was some punk kid try to be all talk. Boy did I show him! :D But I still go back cause they do great work there.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I can't say nice things bout either Nissan dealerships that I've been to in Sauga...so I guess I jus won't go back there unless its a warranty problem!!!

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I take my car to the dealer all the time. A buddy of mine works at carefour Nissan in Hull, Que and he just takes my ride in with him to work. Does the labour on his lunch break and gets parts at cost. Plus he get's to drive my car which I'm sure he doesn't mind.

·
2 lazy to post an avatar
465 Posts
I also get my car serviced at carefour Nissan. They're usually fast.

Next time I go, Im going to have the following checked:
rattling windows, remote lock no working when fans are running after car is shut off.
Cdplayer displays ERR and stops playing my cd's, wether they be burned cd's or not. (happened twice)
Rear left speaker crackles and pops really loudly. (happened twice)

Looks familior to anyone?

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got the rattling windows which are considered normal, remote lock don't work when fans are running-never complained bout that, no prob wit da cdplayer cuz-i have da 6 disc in-dash changer from the factory-i learned that its a rockford fosgate head unit cuz the xterra's have the same headunits and it says rockford fosgate on em!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts