The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here put strobes (e.g. Whelen's Hide-A-Strobe) into their backup lights or anywhere else? I just joined a response team that requires you to have some kind of warning device like this installed in your primary vehicle, and I'm trying to figure out how to do it without messing up the electrical system.

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
my friend has them in his civic to tell u the truth that shit is the best thing ever. Loooks the bomb if u r at a meet that shit looks ooff the hoooooook.

·
Gone Postal!!!
280 Posts
I just ordered mine a few minutes ago at http://www.strobesnmore.com/ . I should get it within 5 days! Its the WHELEN 60 watt system 4 strobes $199. I'll give you guys an update when I get it.:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
How do you install those strobes? remove the headlight assembly and drill holes in your reflector? Why did you choose the Whelen bundle over the Xpack?

You should also mount the red and blue strobes behind the grille, that'd be cool! good trick to play of friends.

·
Beware The Big Fish
160 Posts
my lil brother installed colored strobes in his civic and the shit looked good, but after awhile color began to fade now it does not look so good.....C R A P !

·
Gone Postal!!!
280 Posts
TMiN said:
How do you install those strobes? remove the headlight assembly and drill holes in your reflector? Why did you choose the Whelen bundle over the Xpack?

You should also mount the red and blue strobes behind the grille, that'd be cool! good trick to play of friends.
You are correct, remove the HL and drill a hole.
I chose the Xpack cuz I only need 4 strobes. 1pr in the frnt 1pr in the rear, thats all I need. This is also their new version too, you don't have to put screws on the heads any more.

I did this already with my siren.:D and now the strobes:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I chose Whelen after talking with our fleet mechanic, who says that's all almost anyone uses in emergency vehicles. Also, he gave me a Whelen strobe power supply out of one of our junked vehicles to use in my car, and I would rather just use the Whelen strobes that plug right in. I don't see myself using them frequently, perhaps not at all, but I'm also realizing that it might be a not-bad thing for safety if I run into a wreck in the middle of nowhere on a highway and stop to investigate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts