The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boys... and girls,

A coworker of mine said he goes to the track with a bunch of others about once a month over the summer. Their next date is May 2 (a Friday) and he was asking if I knew of any others that may be interested. They are expecting only about 25 people at the May date and cost will typically run from $100-150 dollars depending on how many people go. I believe they have the Fabi course at Shannonville booked. http://www.shannonville.com/

Are any of you interested? I'm still thinking about it but may just go to watch for the first time. He tells me there are no formal rules and EVERYONE is expected to drive reasonably... ie no hard core racing and cutting others off. This not meant to be real racing!

Please let me know if you are interested for sure... no backing out of these arrangements.

Stan

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
That would be super cool.

I'd be so hard on my car though.

Plus, a rollover would piss me off terribly.

·
BUCK FUTTER
1,675 Posts
Hmm - it'd be nice to watch... maybe go in if I ever save enuff for my header... (yeah, another thing wrong with my car, long story)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys... I heard of another lapping day in May... I'll confirm the date but I think I heard the 19th?

As for May 2... my coworker isn't heading out on that day after all. But he said that you just show up and pay someone.

I'll post more details as I get them.

Stan

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!

Things have changed a bit. You need to prepay now, and it's going to be over $150 per car.

I don't think I'm going to run anymore... just go to watch and maybe beg for a ride.

Here is the good stuff... my friend tells me there is going to be at least 10 Porches and 3 Ferraris. YIKES! OH, and an old school Dodge Colt Turbo.

Friday May 2 is the day for this run. I believe there is another one on May 19 (Monday of the long weekend).

Stan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stan, who is running this event?

If you are looking for more dates check out my home page, I listed a bunch of track days at various tracks. I' d post them but last time I posted one the Mod decided it was off topic, maybe because I don't own a Altima.

Your are welcome to come for a ride in my car if you go to watch or run, I don't mind passengers once in a while.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not really sure actually. I don't think the group is very public about their lapping dates. I hear my information third hand.

I don't know too much about them, but they seem like a small network, unless they extend the invitation to other groups. The May meet was suppose to be a small group... hence the higher price.

Thanks for the offer to ride shotgun. Well see if I ever get a chance to take you up on the offer. Do you race in the Solo series?

Stan

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey,

So is anyone else going to watch for a bit? I think I'm only going to stay till about lunch time and then take off...

I hear there will be a testarosa (sp?) there.

Let me know so we can hook up there... I have no idea how the setup will be like.

Stan

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh,

The first lapping day that I'm talking about is THIS FRIDAY (May 2).

The other one is on Victoria day (the Monday)

Stan

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok boys (and gals, I know there is at least one in our group),

Here's the deal, they will be running the back part of the track, so if you get there, you'll have to drive your car around the back. Thre is a small road that goes around the track after you enter the premises; so I've been told. They will run "tamed" lapping till about 10am then I think they are free to do what they want.

Later,
Stan

·
Registered
15 Posts
MaxRPM said:
I'm in....
Fancy seeing you here Sam! ;)

Stan and I are colleagues. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts