The Nissan Club banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts
I'm not with Rick on this one.
Andy with the black GTP in my club, his car is so boaty when you drive it. So we installed the Eibachs, and it's worse....
WTF?????
I mean it is floaty as hell, under acceleration, braking, switching lanes, WTF???

NissanLunatic said:
Andy with the black GTP in my club, his car is so boaty when you drive it. So we installed the Eibachs, and it's worse....
WTF?????
I mean it is floaty as hell, under acceleration, braking, switching lanes, WTF???
Bushings?
Too much chassis flex?
Tires?

NissanLunatic said:
WTF?????
That is what I have been saying. The cars are big, very bid and heavy, they are also geared and set up for what people who buy those cars want. Family transportation with some low end grunt. American cars like that are soft VERY soft and even after putting tons of money into suspension they will still be SOFT!

I test drove a GTP before i bought my altima. the reason i bought the altima was because the gtp smoked, and the left rear turn signal did not work, i heard a bad noise coming from the pullys in the motor, it had a bad pull to the right, and the brakes sang the whole time i drove it it only had 109k miles the altima had 129k and ran like a new car. and my past experience with american made cars made me go with the nissan to. I like american cars...i have a 72 chevy truck and i droped a 350 in with some help of a friend and u could set that truck on fire and roll it down a hill and i still woudlnt trade it for a coupe devill'

I dont understaned all these ****s that come onto an Altima site to trash talk them......if you wanna talk shit, stop being a pussy and do it face to face so you can get whats comming to you once you step out of your car.

HellkatX said:
I dont understaned all these ****s that come onto an Altima site to trash talk them......if you wanna talk shit, stop being a pussy and do it face to face so you can get whats comming to you once you step out of your car.
I bet you were the bully in middle school. You obviously have misdirected anger. These meaningless internet flames are the catalyst which cause you to deal with said emotions through violent, physical manifestations. In other words, get a life.

Redline said:

I bet you were the bully in middle school. You obviously have misdirected anger. These meaningless internet flames are the catalyst which cause you to deal with said emotions through violent, physical manifestations. In other words, get a life.
you get a life. you drive a truck that isnt nissan yet you post on an altima site all the time.

Never do an eibach spring mod on a Grand Prix without the koni's too. If you don't (like I'm sure your friend knows) you will be bouncing all over the place!!! To make a grand prix stick to the road like glue only requires some larger rims with smaller sidewall tires, a front and rear strut tower brace ($15), and replace those POS OEM swaybars ($250 for the best). You can do the Koni's and Eibachs too I guess. That will give you a dream handling suspension...but prepare to do a lot of damage to your tail bone and lower back - you WILL feel every little imperfection in the road.

NissanLunatic said:

That's what I thought until we:
a) installed a custom made sway bar
b) energy suspension bushings
c) 18" Sumitomo HTRZ IIs-sticky as hell

NO IMPROVEMENT...
so he said **** it..
I agreed...
He should have installed the strut tower braces. They make a BIG difference.

EDIT: Redline, what do you drive by the way?

md93 said:

you get a life. you drive a truck that isnt nissan yet you post on an altima site all the time.
LOL! No, you get a life.

BTW, don't flatter yourself junior. I post on a lot of UBBs "all the time" that are focused on vehicles I don't own.

gtp guy said:
Wow These car are slow sh it. I just beat the crap at of a new 3.5. Yeah Ok 14.2 1/4 mile big deal . The grand prix is not a piece of rice. Its mean american muscle. Oh buy the way my car is now running a consistant 13.1 at the track. I just beat a brand new Ls1 vette down the track last week and Svt cobra on the street last night.

Good luck with the rice dinner
quit talkin shit ass...if you're goin to talk shit atleast learn how to spell...

Oh buy the way my car is now running a consistant 13.1 at the track

corrected version...
Oh by the way my car is now running a consistant 18.1 at the track....:D

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.