The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the best buy in town over the summer...to have them hook up two amps for me, I gave them the two RCA's that I had bought elsewhere because I didn twant the crappy one sthey would try to give me from an amp kit.

I know i know, people always say never take your stuff to best buy cuz the people there arent really trained, but..I didnt have the time to do it on my own, and...I figured they couldnt mess it up that bad, and...they did a good job installing some neons in my old car and an EQ.

But, after i go to pick up my car..I notice that they ran the RCA's and power cable down the same side...and im thinking...what the ****...thats like..the most basic rule of car audio...keep them on seperate sides...so im like to the guy..."why did you do it that way" and hes like "its our policy to run them down the same side, since most RCA's are double coated, it doesn't make a difference" And i'm basically like...what the %uck? Since when did you make that up?

So whatever, they werent really giving me taht much of a problem untill the cold weather is starting to hit and now when i turn on my heater, I wil hear some crackling and buzzing when I accelerate through the RCA's...so I am going back there this weekend to have them switch it and put the RCA's on the otherside..but get this.....they supposidly gaurantee their work on installs...buuuuut when I asked them about switching it...they said they have to charge me 12 dollars (granted..the 12 dollars is pretty cheap...but..that isnt the point) The point is...they are charging me, because their "policy" is ****ed up.

Sorry for the novel..just wanted to let others be aware, :)

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
That is stupid, it would take an extra 5 minutes to run it down the other side in an altima, there's only one screw to take out... :rolleyes:

Guess they just figured you were an idiot..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, screw you, my laziness is not the point here..but thanks for pointing it out, :)

·
de-moderator
1,476 Posts
i think TL was talking about the shop not running them down the other side... not you not doing it. But, shit do it on your own take you an hour max to pull everything and run them to the other side.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I wasnt calling you lazy or anything. I just wanted to let you know that it shouldnt make too much of a difference. But I agree Best Buy does kind of suck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I realized that after I read it again, my bad TL.....but hey...you seem to really like the Kappas...I am wondering...I am getting my old 12" infinity Beta's fixed that one of them had the voice coils burnt....right now I have last year's kappas...when I get my Beta's fixed....Shoudl I put them back in? The Betas are about 3 yrs old though......what do you recommend...the betas or kappas? I forgot the model number...but..right now they are going to be run off a Sony ES..which is putting about 150 into each sub..not much i know...grrrrr....I miss my Orion amp

Josh

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
i got a story about best but here. listen to this. My boy kurt got a rockford amp and took it to best buy to getit installed so they wired it wrong and fryed it and claimed that it was already fryed when they got it so instead of taking everything out they left the power wires and everything in but they took the amp out my friend kurt not noing anything thought they would be ok and he drove his car and parked it in ther parking lot to go comlain to the manager and he wasn't in there but like 10 minutes and he came out and the wires had caught his truck on fire. and then they told him that it was there fault that the wires THEY put in caught the truck on fire.

·
Registered
347 Posts
zEk-sss said:
if I'm not doing install myself It would be Sound Advice doing it.
yeah i'd get them to do it too if i didn't know how but since my first stereo system i've learned not to trust anyone except yourself and well knowleged friends. Even sound advice will screw you over.

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
yea i would never take my shit to a department store like best buy to get stuff done. My friend works in the tv department and he told me that one day the install bay was shorthanded so they started grabing people from other departments to help them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts