The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the big deal if ppl on this board see ur license plate? The only reason i can think of is if maybe you don't want ppl to know what state you live it, but it is still pointless because they aren't gonna find ur house....What damage can somebody do with ur license plate number? huh guys?

Can someone answer this for me?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I dont know about your state, but in Ohio it is very easy to get info with someone's plate number...

·
Banned
1 Posts
Alty94 said:
I dont know about your state, but in Ohio it is very easy to get info with someone's plate number...

very easy to get someone's info. They did a report once on a local station here, where they picked four people's cars that were parked in different areas of town. They found social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank numbers, etc, all with the plate number and a simple form at the BMV.

·
goin poor ...Help!!!!!!
342 Posts
Damn Thats messes up guys. What your better off doing is bluring your license plate out while your drivin down the road so nobody can get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (P.S. thats a joke if you live life scared more that likely you die the same way ) OBTW your next door neighbor is pullin your info up right now on his computer or do you blur your plate in your driveway HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

·
Banned
865 Posts
a buddy of mine got his exhaust cut off of his civic about a year ago, obviously someone who also has a civic took it. Now, the greddy cat-back exhaust cost about 500 and for me that's a lot of money, if I were the type to be a total prick I would just run up plates and find out where you live and jack it when you're sleeping. And now you have lost $500 and you can't even drive anywhere legally to get it fixed while still losing more money. I remeber there was a big conspiracy about people on this page getting their stereo equiptment stolen that had pictures of their expensive systems on this page whether or not they were related that's another question, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Peterson thought the theft of his stereo equipment may have had to do with him not blurring his liscense plate. It's better not to take chances with these things.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
teabagga said:
What is the big deal if ppl on this board see ur license plate? The only reason i can think of is if maybe you don't want ppl to know what state you live it, but it is still pointless because they aren't gonna find ur house....What damage can somebody do with ur license plate number? huh guys?

Can someone answer this for me?

did'nt you see gone in 60 seconds. just go to your local DMV and for a couple of bucks, find where a car's owner lives. hehehehe

·
Registered
33 Posts
That crap is scary. When I get my ride fixed up, Im sorry,but Im mot posting any pics. Memphis is so small that people can easily find out where you live. And the tag thing makes it even worse

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
reporting someone's car stolen is always fun too

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
tag thing?????????????

·
22,052 Posts
Ben said:
Peterson thought the theft of his stereo equipment may have had to do with him not blurring his liscense plate. It's better not to take chances with these things.
No, I think the shop that installed it took it. I agree though, better safe than sorry. I used to put pics of my car on here all the time, but I don't do it too much anymore. I just stuck a picture of the back of my car on another thread asking about Stillen exhausts, and I was too lazy to blur the plate out. But the car is registered to my parent's address, and they live 3 hours away, but still, someone could fuck with you if they have your tag number. And for the people with accesories on their car, it does give a would be thief a shopping list of the parts they can steal from you.

·
de-moderator
2,134 Posts
theres some shady mother fuckers on this site.... and seeing that our aftermarket parts are so much more rare and expensive than others people could want something... take the plate... get info... and then go take it and put it on their car... simple as that. Better safe than sorry right?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
hehehe..i seriously want to see someone try and jack anything from my car. i will bet 5g's that he wont even make it TO the car. but anyways, yea..its always better being safe than sorry. theres always some f*cked up perverted child molestor type on the internet.

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are you guys serious? That can't be legal to give out someone's personal shit like where they live just because u have their license plate #...do you know this for sure or you've just heard it from your friends....thats creepy if they can find where you live, i'll have to try it at the local bmv. thanks for answering my question.

·
Registered
296 Posts
In Ohio....Super easy.....Some of the BMV's have a computer for the public to look up info on...But like most peeps have said...If your unsure, better to be safe than sorry.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
damn, I didn't know that. Better be more careful in the future and I always park my car in the garage and I still have my stock sterio (thank goodness for SE-L double deck).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I think it silly that you guys worry about this stuff. The same guy that you are worrying about on the net could be driving right behind you and get the same info. Only now he has what you or your family looks like as well. I think we have better things to focus on. Life is way too short too be all worried about some fu*k head trying to get license plate numbers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have heard stories of people going to shows and taking thier plates off for the same reasons. You can always find someone at DMV on the take and then before you know it, your stuff has been jacked or worse yet your whole ride is gone. Paranoid? Maybe. Smart? You bet your ass!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts