The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did you choose to go with Altima over other cars? For me, I am in love with the way the car looks , it drives smooth, and I've had good experience with my older Altima. I am just curious why others chose to go with Altima over other cars.
Thanks!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,767 Posts
2002SE because it was beautiful, and very fast. In fact, the fastest fwd production sedan ever tested. It was big enough for my family

2012SR because my 02 was totaled and I had no Idea that nissan had replaced the transmission with such a giant piece of garbage. My fault for being uninformed. Just wanted the same car again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2002SE because it was beautiful, and very fast. In fact, the fastest fwd production sedan ever tested. It was big enough for my family

2012SR because my 02 was totaled and I had no Idea that nissan had replaced the transmission with such a giant piece of garbage. My fault for being uninformed. Just wanted the same car again.
I don't mind the cvt . I just hope it lasts

·
2008 2.5S Sedan w/CVT
253 Posts
Prior to getting my '08 my wife and I shared the same car, since we were going to the same location every day. Then things changed in '08 and I needed my own wheels. It was anticipated I would be driving a lot and with mileage reimbursements the car would have practically paid for itself so I wanted something comfy with decent fuel economy.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
My last car developed a problem that would have been financially illogical to fix. I was given two weeks to a year before the final breakdown would happen. I began researching cars that Consumer Reports listed highly, in my budget, with amenities I desired.

My first choice was sold two days before I noticed that it existed.

My previous car developed another issue one day. Fortunately I had someone else take a look at my Altima at a dealer the week and was advised that there were no issues with it. Given my sudden motivation and a dealer who was willing to accept what I could pay, I wound up with my 2010. I've had to put a bit of work into it to make it what I want (it still isn't there, and probably cannot be there, but it's been fun) and have been fortunate enough to have a forum like this to get ideas and help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wife (now ex) hated my Celica GTS, but I needed something that wouldn't be a huge letdown, had 4 doors, and was comfy for under $35k. I nearly bought the Mazdaspeed 6, but wife poo-poo'd the manual transmission because of her being a salesperson and needing to drive and use the phone at the same time (2007 didn't yet have cell phone laws). Altima 3.5SE was about the only thing left in that price range that wasn't mind-numbing to drive. :dunno:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my 08 2.5 S because I totaled my 03 Ford Focus and was in need of another car- fast. Found it on craigslist and fell in love. It was black just like I wanted with 35% tint on the windows and the 17 inch alloy wheels from the '10-'12 SR. I was sold after the test drive and made an offer. I've had it for several months now and had it murdered out (black wheels and badges) and am still loving it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts