The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really care before cause I never use it that much, but now my horn doesn't work, and these fuckin pricks are cuttin me off left and right. Unbelievable. Anyway, I don't think its the fuse or the big one under the hood, cause my gf hit the horn while I had my finger on it and I could feel the power going thru.

Somebody help.

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Maybe the horn itself is bad? If you've got juice, that's the only possibility. Pep Boys, cheap, get a deep one, not the sissy OEM Japanese car sounding type.

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, lets say I don't have a manual. Where the hell would I find the horn. Also, I have air horns hooked up to my alarm. Can I just hook those up to it somehow?:D

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Open hood, look straight down. It (O.K., mine, on a 1st gen) is attached to the vertical support in front of the radiator behind the grill. Stock one looks like

I replaced mine with one that looks like

But if you don't know where it is, then you really don't know if it is getting electricity. Check the juice at the horn before you buy a new one.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
replace it with a wolf whistle or a custom sound....you can pick up a horn that plays music around here for $50

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kierandill said:
Open hood, look straight down. It (O.K., mine, on a 1st gen) is attached to the vertical support in front of the radiator behind the grill. But if you don't know where it is, then you really don't know if it is getting electricity. Check the juice at the horn before you buy a new one.
Thanks, bro. I just went and checked and the horn was dead. My dad had a boat horn laying around(just a little bigger), so I hooked that up and it works. The sound isn't the best, but not bad. I would rather hook my air horns up, so we'll see. But thank you again!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts