The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I joined looking for some help with my 2001 Altima. When I bought it, the owner said they had lost the key fob. I went through the programming to confirm that I had a keyless entry module and then bought an aftermarket remote, which I programmed rather effortlessly. Now, here's the problem:

As I stated, the remote programmed just fine, but it won't lock and unlock the doors (it doesn't work at all actually). After searching for hours I cannot find any information online to tell me which fuses to check, where the module is, or anything.

All I want to do is figure out what I need to check and where to look for problems. Any information would be AWESOME.

Thanks.

Alan A.K.A. BackwoodsSaint

"May the bridges I burn light the way."

·
never take it to the shop
1,621 Posts
If the door locks don't work at all the OEM alarm was bad and the prior owner disconnected it. Its under the steering wheel. There is also an alarm fuse in the engine bay. Make sure you know what your doing because if for some reason you enable the oem alarm by putting backin the fuse in the engine bay and do not have the keyfob programmed correctly it will lock the ecu and you will not be able to start the car. Thats prob the reason they disconnected it just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The doors still lock and unlock using the buttons in the car, just the remote doesn't work - would that still be the same problem?

Sorry if I'm being unclear

Basically, everything works the same as it should, except the remote, which never worked, it just acted like the programming was successful.

I'm assuming the alarm is fine, but I don't know how to test it, it's never gone off though.
As a side note - the key still unlocks all doors if I turn it to "unlock" twice, I'm not sure if that's related to the alarm system or not; but just to clarify: everything is functioning normally except I cannot get my remote to work after programming.

·
never take it to the shop
1,621 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts