The Nissan Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here, its a dumb issue but its driving me crazy.

Yesterday I took off my throttle body, ported it and cleaned it. (Ive been porting + polishing for over 6 years anything from dirt bike heads to intake manifolds to cyl. heads etc. Basically Im just trying to say I didnt do anything dumb here with the porting ie. port where the butterfly sits.)

Anyways now I have the high idle code. Ive done the relearn procedure about 7 times and it just wont keep it. I'll clear the codes with a scanner and do the relearn. At the end of the relearn when you have to start the car and let it idle, it idles fine, right about at 750 rpm. But once I go to drive the car again, the idle is high again (at about 1200 rpm) and it will throw the SES light usually after I drive it once more.

Im not sure what else I can do here? Im doing the relearn to a t. And it does work. But only for the 1st time the car is started.

You guys think that I may have messed up the electronics in the TB when I cleaned it? can the TB be damaged by holding the plate open manually? Or am I missing something here like another procedure?

Any input will help, thanks guys!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I need some help here, its a dumb issue but its driving me crazy.

Yesterday I took off my throttle body, ported it and cleaned it. (Ive been porting + polishing for over 6 years anything from dirt bike heads to intake manifolds to cyl. heads etc. Basically Im just trying to say I didnt do anything dumb here with the porting ie. port where the butterfly sits.)

Anyways now I have the high idle code. Ive done the relearn procedure about 7 times and it just wont keep it. I'll clear the codes with a scanner and do the relearn. At the end of the relearn when you have to start the car and let it idle, it idles fine, right about at 750 rpm. But once I go to drive the car again, the idle is high again (at about 1200 rpm) and it will throw the SES light usually after I drive it once more.

Im not sure what else I can do here? Im doing the relearn to a t. And it does work. But only for the 1st time the car is started.

You guys think that I may have messed up the electronics in the TB when I cleaned it? can the TB be damaged by holding the plate open manually? Or am I missing something here like another procedure?

Any input will help, thanks guys!
try take off the battery for a bit and put it back on to see if it resets. if not i d k

·
Registered
265 Posts
might want to drive it around. sometimes the computer has to readjust. then id try disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys

Ive been driving the car since last night, its still doing it. For a while the SES light was off but it came on later today. After the SES light comes on the throttle tip in is real touchy...its like on/or off...I dont know if that makes any sense but its like I cant gently give it gas or just cruise, it kinda makes the motor jerk a bit no matter how gently I try to give it gas.

Sigh...wish I would have just left it alone. I dont understand what could have happened.

I'll try disconnecting the battery for like an hour or so and see what happens.

Reactions: jds08altimacoupe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I let the battery sit disconnected overnight. Drove it for about 15 miles today...still the same thing:sad:

·
Got Gas? Me Neither!
298 Posts
there's a thread somewhere on here about this, but I believe your gonna have to go to the dealer. I wouldn't know what to search for. Its due to the electronic throttle I believe....
I now try to find thread.........

·
Got Gas? Me Neither!
298 Posts
you can try all these
Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning EBS00CC4
DESCRIPTION
“Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning” is an operation to learn the fully released position of the accelerator
pedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time
harness connector of accelerator pedal position sensor or ECM is disconnected.
OPERATION PROCEDURE
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning EBS00CC3
DESCRIPTION
“Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning” is an operation to learn the fully closed position of the throttle valve
by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of the electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnected.
OPERATION PROCEDURE
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning EBS00CC5
Pre-conditioning:
For A/T models without CONSULT-II and M/T models, drive vehicle for 10 minutes.
DESCRIPTION
1. Perform "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning" .
2. Perform "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning" .
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Check that all items listed under the topic “PRE-CONDITIONING” (previously mentioned) are in good order.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
6. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
7. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops
blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL goes off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I did all those relearns and nada

I hooked a scanner up to the car and checked out the live data...it looks like my TPS signal is intermittent when I rev it up...I didnt think that was normal so I went ahead and ordered a used stock TB off ebay and see if that fixes it...cause by the looks of it my TPS sensor is no good...or at least has a dead spot

thoughts?

Reactions: jds08altimacoupe

·
AIR FORCE ONE
84 Posts
What symptoms are you experiencing? Does the car ever die during idling? erratic RPMs? Have you thought about maybe you have a bad MAS?

My experience with a MAS going bad is your MPG goes way down. Idling may cause the enigine to shutdown. Loss of HP/TQ. Erratic RPMs while driving, which will cause the ride to feel slugish or 'jerky'.

MAS doesn't always throw a code right away. If you messed around with the TB, maybe you did something to the MAS while taking it off.

·
AIR FORCE ONE
84 Posts
Also, the intermitten TPS might be from the Mass Airflow sensor sending the wrong signal to the ECU.

Maybe someone can correct me, but if the MAS is flakey... it will cause havock with the entire Fuel & Air system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So did this get resolved?
Yes it did, I went to the dealer and they used the consult 2 to do the relearn and the car took it...cost like $65 for the labor. So i guess now Im not going to unplug the TB harness unless I absolutly have too and I would reccommend the same for pretty much everyone else, why risk the money and headache

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it did, I went to the dealer and they used the consult 2 to do the relearn and the car took it...cost like $65 for the labor. So i guess now Im not going to unplug the TB harness unless I absolutly have too and I would reccommend the same for pretty much everyone else, why risk the money and headache
I ran into the same problem when I cleaned my TB last month. Assuming you're from North Tonowanda (NT, NY) did you take it West Herr or Barney to get it fixed? I'm from East Aurora and was looking for a little local help. Also, do you have an exhaust sound clip posted? I would like to hear your Magnaflow setup.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Did you notice the difference in performance after the procedure? Under a hundred dollars for a smoother running car and very fortunate to not have to replace any of the electronics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts