The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there someone know why the packages for the Alty are different in Canada compared to US?

I want Xenon headlights but they are not available here in Canada, why?

Thanks,

Slam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good questions...

I wanted the Xenon headlights as well... Plus, I liked the different packages that our USA friends could configure. For us, it is roof or leather or both.. No SE Sport or something like that...

Really pisses me off...

But it is probably due to their marketing research and overall market for Canada...

Still sucks however

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Really simple. Government. The most evil invention of man. They get in the way at each turn and every chance they can. Our Founders knew this.. you have to wonder what happened to us.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It is illegal to export Xenon from the US.

We know that the people in Canada have plenty of time in the winter and would not want them to improve there cars above the design of the cars in the US.

Or I think this may be because Nissan does not want to confuse the good people of Canada with too many different option packages. And confuse us more with different options.

Xenon freezes at 30 degrees below zero. (F of course, could never figure out that C thingy.)

·
I wish...
413 Posts
e-squared said:
It is illegal to export Xenon from the US.

We know that the people in Canada have plenty of time in the winter and would not want them to improve there cars above the design of the cars in the US.

Or I think this may be because Nissan does not want to confuse the good people of Canada with too many different option packages. And confuse us more with different options.

Xenon freezes at 30 degrees below zero. (F of course, could never figure out that C thingy.)
LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm taking a guess here as to why the HID's aren't offered in Canada on the Altima. Could be that the HID's don't have the daytime running feature that Canadian cars have. Nissan probably figures that for the small volume of buyers who want HID's it isn't worth re-engineering the headlight system.

As for the optioning of Canadian cars, here in Canada there seems to be more features bundled together, unfortunately this also means a higher price and options you may not want. If you take into account the exchange rate though, we still get the car for less than what an American spec car goes for. Gotta love Canada's lower standard of living! :p

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Then why do Maxima's come with HID as standard? All Canadian cars have daytime running lights and therefore this can't be the reason. Not to mention all the other high end cards that come with HID as standard.

I think it's Nissan Canada's way of keeping the Maxima's perceived image higher...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Bakes, I was purely speculating as to the HID/Altima thing. It's just that I don't think that something like HID headlights make the Maxima any more upscale than the Altima.

Keep in mind that the Maxima line is in a transition phase, where the Altima has moved upscale and will replace the Maxima in that market segment come 2004.

My guess is the 2004 Maxima will move upmarket as well and will be based on the Infiniti M45. In this current state of flux, as long as they can sell all the Altimas and Maximas they produce, I'm pretty sure that Nissan could really care less about their flagship car status!

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
timbob said:
I'm taking a guess here as to why the HID's aren't offered in Canada on the Altima. Could be that the HID's don't have the daytime running feature that Canadian cars have. Nissan probably figures that for the small volume of buyers who want HID's it isn't worth re-engineering the headlight system.

As for the optioning of Canadian cars, here in Canada there seems to be more features bundled together, unfortunately this also means a higher price and options you may not want. If you take into account the exchange rate though, we still get the car for less than what an American spec car goes for. Gotta love Canada's lower standard of living! :p

When you have a hid lighting system in the car, they are low beams... your high beams which are standard halogen bulbs, are your day time running lights, and just run at a lower wattage for drl.. the whole drl has nothing to do with why the canadian alti's dont come with hids

1 - 11 of 11 Posts