The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Alti GLE with 107k miles on the ticker now. i have replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and both O2 sensors when i bought it. The car seems to feel very very sluggish and half the time wants to start in 2nd gear when i come to a stop. I dont have any error codes or anything like that so im jsut wondering if someone could help me out here? Thanks Shane

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
^ yea check the timin, either that or u have a vacuum leak, i no i have a small leak where the maf connects, also since i upgraded 2 a swa pully, my timin is prob off aswell and my car has been sluggish, im guessin thats the prob w/my car

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
^ the tps i believe

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
you need to explain when you are having this slugging. What RPM ranges, what speed ranges, what environmental conditions (if it makes a difference), and then we can tell you where to look.

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
dont mean 2 thread jack but my car feels sluggish almost in the entire rpm range.... lower def for sure tho

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it idles fine. but it feels sluggish all rpsm doesnt matter where it is. also it has no mods done to it what so ever it is 100% orignial.

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
auto or 5spd? mines an auto for now....

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
i always see these my car is slow treads lol. But if wonder if 1/2 of the people have ever drive in a good condition altima. Some dont realise this is not a race car. Especially stock.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i dotn expect it to be a race car. thats why i own a stang. i would however like to be able to get outta the way without feeling likeim being ran down.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I dont know if I could ever drive this car again back in stock form. but what else have you checked to see if its bad or not?

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
BTW, try driving it in the manual gear ranges. see if it does the same thing then as it does when its in D.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
driving in the Manual gear ranges wont mess up the trans.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts