The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
NO, NO, NO, NO, and NO. if the CA is better than the SR series, then riddle me this gilligan...why has nissan continued with the SR series for almost 10 years (still using it now) and stopped using the CA MANY years ago? if the CA is better then why do japanese tuners use the SR in heavy ass fairlady Z's? if the CA is better then the SR series , then why does no one want them. hell i can have 4 CA turbo FWD engines at the shop tomorrow with tranny's AND ecu's for $1000 a piece and i can't get a FWD SR turbo.

some people just make me SO............

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Read the link!

Please read it. SR20det was not as well engineered. This is the 3rd site ive read this. Oh yeah if you can get me one for $1000 lemme know cause thats cheaper then the $1600 I was going to pay. Also who do you get your engines from?

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
then how come NO tuners use CA engines when they are so plentiful? why do they ALL choose the SR?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right but

they are hard to come by in the US. Sr20det was a cheaper engine to build. The efficiency of the CA18DET and engineering actually lead to its extintion since Nissan cut costs. Nissan hasnt been doing well for awhile till just last year. Also the thing you said about CA18DET motors is wrong. Search the net youll find plenty of swaps. They are more common in australia though then the states. Because they are hard to find over here.

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
they are not hard to find over here. like i said, i can have 4 at my doorstep tomorrow

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah

CA18DE's! Plus those are RWD. CA18DET's that are FWD are hard to find in the US. Melanie, you know whats worse then an internet racer a internet wannabe whore. A.K.A you!

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
i can drive 10 minutes away from my house right now and hug 4 different FWD ca18de-t's for $1000 a piece all with ecu's,harnesses and trannies.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sweet

Give me names and numbers. This information would be very helpful. I would definenly buy one for $1000. Also how good condition and miles? Also they have to be FWD not RWD which is found on the US models. If you can dig up a FWD one I would take it. But I thought the US models were RWD. What cars had the FWD CA18DET in the US?

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
how is ANYBODY to know how many miles are on an engine? the poeple that sell them don't physically take the engines out themselves and record miles. hell the people that do pull the engines don't give a damn how many miles are on it

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
ROFL! Like he's gonna hook you up. You just called his ex-girlfriend a whore. You are so dumb. He'll sell you an engine alright, just not for $1000.

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
i can sell you a FWD CA-t no problem but the $1000 is MY price. the engine distributor is an all JDM supplier so these aren;t engines from usdm cars. you wouldn't be able to buy direct from him but i'll sell you one...just not for $1000. how much the other place say

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So what engines were they from?

So these are pulled engines? So they are imported? So they are not from the US? Give me some answers please and that place that can get them. I already emailed malvern racing in VA. They race nissans for a living.

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
and these guys import JDM engines for a living...so whats your point?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My point is

they arent engines from the US are they now? They are imported! And if your not going to tell me where to get it them then whats the point of bragging about how you can get 4 engines? Also how am I to believe you? So I can find 10 places that import JDM engines whats your point? Also why do you want 4 CA18DET's if they suck at your doorstep, donnie?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts