The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://installer.com/tech/aiming.html

Opening the trunk does not apply to me however since my woofers are pretty much sealed to the cab. Opening the windows... now thats another story :) I made a compromise between a nice system and being able to still use my trunk. I wonder what affect having my woofers sideways face each other has on the sound. Ah well... 138 dB is loud enough I suppose :)

Demmy

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
so which setup does everyone have, i remember i had a ported box for a 10 that hit 136.1 at the back of the trunk facing away from the cabin

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
well i was going to point my subs toward the rear, cuz that's the setup i see most often cept in like hatchback, but now i'm thinking i'll point it forwards. more protection for the subs anyay

·
Registered
67 Posts
try pointing them both towrds the middle of the trunk with the box against the sidewalls of the trunk.....that link doesnt have this setup...and you night find yourself pleasantly surprised....

you have to experiment with the distance between the 2 subs to get the sound just right, but in my experience the sound was both better than facing the box forward and backwards...

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
you know how guys in hatchbacks can have the subs point forwards, well do you guys think that building an enclosure that would occupy the space specifically under the rear deck and some how isolating the rest of the trunk away from the box, would some how create a hatchback type environment for the subs? i would love to do something like this to showcase the subs on the interior of the cabin without takeing out the rear cushions, but i could live with out the seats that u sit back on. what do you guys think on this idea

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
you know how guys in hatchbacks can have the subs point forwards, well do you guys think that building an enclosure that would occupy the space specifically under the rear deck and some how isolating the rest of the trunk away from the box, would some how create a hatchback type environment for the subs? i would love to do something like this to showcase the subs on the interior of the cabin without takeing out the rear cushions, but i could live with out the seats that u sit back on. what do you guys think on this idea
I've actually thought of that myself, it's definitely do-able.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
like this? :)

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
texasbanger said:
try pointing them both towrds the middle of the trunk with the box against the sidewalls of the trunk.....that link doesnt have this setup...and you night find yourself pleasantly surprised....

you have to experiment with the distance between the 2 subs to get the sound just right, but in my experience the sound was both better than facing the box forward and backwards...
Mine are facing in towards each other. 138.5dB from two 500 watt 12's that are only being pushed with about 340 watts each. Needless to say it would be significantly louder if I got a bigger amp.

Demmy

·
Evil Honda Driver
1,218 Posts
I have a ported box for a 10 facing sideways with the port facing the back of the car

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sealed Enclosure.... Two 12" Kicker Comp VR's...Memphis Class D 500 RMS Amp... Facing away from the cabin...Loud (Don't know how loud, haven't completely pushed them out there yet and nothing to measure that with)

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
poisonfist said:

That's sort of what I had in mind but, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that just an infinite baffle? I was thinking of actually having a sealed enclosure built behind that.
Like a sealed wall that makes 1/2 (or some portion) of the trunk effectively part of the cabin?

Demmy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts