The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i hit about 100 105 mph my car makes a wierd high pitched squeeking sound, im not really sure what it is and hesitate to go over 120 mph, wonderin if anyone had any insight as to what the noise is or if its bad or anythin like that, thanks

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,759 Posts
SOUND

That was the cop behind you. No i get no such noise, only been to 123mph. Alot of people have been saying the sun roof is a whistler...........do ya have one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i dont have a sun roof, it sounds like its from the engine, kind of like the gears are crying are grinding, u think i shouldnt go past 120mph, im deff hesitant

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
adessen said:
when i hit about 100 105 mph my car makes a wierd high pitched squeeking sound, im not really sure what it is and hesitate to go over 120 mph, wonderin if anyone had any insight as to what the noise is or if its bad or anythin like that, thanks
i get the same sound. usually doesn't kick in till about 120 or so. fairly high pitched whisling. 1st time it happened i got scared. thought my car was going to take off!:D i am not sure if it is sunroof, sounds more like my drivers mirror.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No such sound here, been up to 125+. Do you have a manual or auto???

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
auto here. definately not from engine or trans....mine is a wind noise on either sunroof or mirror.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had my 3.5 auto with sunroof (no deflector) to an indicated 130, and I didn't notice any noise.

Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
No one takes it to the limit? I was pissed wen I found out it was governed at 130mph! Any way around that??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get a whistling sound - sounds like it's coming from the front left tire or the left mirror. I figured it was just air whistling past the mirror so I ingored it.

It's definately coming from outside the car.

I was pretty scared first time I heard it as well. Happens at about 100mph for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
same here. High pitch whisling from drivers side near mirror or door seam. I have SE 3.5 auto with sunroof. But I don't think its that. I was (only) going about 100 :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
MY CAR DOES THE SAME THING!!!

It never used to... but now if I'm revving 4th gear up, it makes the noise around 100-110 mph. It sounds like a high pitch squeak coming from the driver's side of the dash or the firewall of the motor. Who said we're governed at 130??? I've had my altima doin' a buck forty before! But not in while ever since that noise began occurring. I have a 5 spd, but I doubt that matters for this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
noise from left side

I have the same noise on my 2002 S 5-speed. I took it to the dealer they said it was a weak strut and they said the part is on back order.
waiting for about 5 weeks so far.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is the strut leaking fluid?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,759 Posts

took my wife, mother and father to a funeral out of town this am. Out on the open road we were cruisin at 105mph ........my mom sitting in the back said..."Those trees are going by awfully fast". My point is.........it is damn smooth!!!!!!!!My Dad is a 55er tops

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: noise from left side

steven said:
I have the same noise on my 2002 S 5-speed. I took it to the dealer they said it was a weak strut and they said the part is on back order.
That must be something different. I'm almost positive this is a wind induced noise - like the wind speed is inducing something to vibrate causing the sqeel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: noise from left side

steven said:
Not surprised I noticed it sqeaks when moving and stopping at slow speeds. Having the dealer check it out tomorrow, along with a ticking noise on the passenger front column, and gas gage that never reads full, odo that is too fast, and tranny that slips into second (at times). Other than that love the car...

·
Registered
3 Posts
same here. with my 3.5SE Auto w/sunroof. High pitch whisling from drivers side, but I am not too sure what it's from. And it only happen on a windy day while I am driving fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
WIND NOISE

The 4th time that I took the little Alty over 100 I got the whistle as well. I have a sunroof deflector and assumed it was wind coming through the little drain slits however if this is happening on Altys without the sunroof I am forced to rethink my position. I think I will get a friend to drive it @100+ and I can get on the hood to see what is making the noise. Anyone have a high speed hood strap? The sound really seems to be coming from above though. Maybe it is the molding or something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts