Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does 18x7 5-114.3 fits our altima? thx
:)

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
it will fit but its much better to put an 8 inch wide wheel because u cannot put a wide or tall enuff tire on 7 inch rim..send a link to the wheel u lookin at

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so u mean 18x7 is not a good combination, rite?
18x8 is the way to go? ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think from what i search in the web, ppl say 18" GT8 suppose to be 18x7.5 not 18x7, can anyone confirm that for me? much appreciated.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
The thing is that you should run a 245.40.18 on the new altimas to retain stock gearing. a 245/40/18 I would not recommend on a 7" wide wheel. The altima needs a 8" or 8.5" wheel for truly proper fitment. Plus you want to be able to avoid rims that are too cheap because manufacturing standards have been compromised. Taiwan has several levels of quality. I wouldn't do the 7's bro. I know there's a shitload of 18,8's out there. Just be patient.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
You should get rims off a GS or something bigger that uses 8" rims if you need used ones or cheaper ones. Off a RX7 or 300ZX, just no wider than 8 or 8.5. there's ways to find cheap nice rims that will be the right fit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx for the advice man.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
fo sho no prob

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
hey but wouldnt a 235/40/18 tire be the best fit? thats what all the measurements in the car mags are, and stillen also used that tire size on their cars.... plus isnt the stock rim 215/55/16 or something.... and i think its only 6.5 wide (for the S's) and 17X7 for the 3.5s? so how will putting on a 7 or 7.5 wide rim on be worse then a 8?? someone please explain??

·
The Reverend
413 Posts
larger profile series tires are more "forgiving" of rim width. When you begin to run lower profile tires (ie. 245/40) then rim width becomes more critical. A 245/40 or 245/45 will physically fit on a 7.5 inch wide rim, but its not recommended. Mounting 245/40's on a 7.5 inch wheel will result is a slightly "bowed" contact patch, or that tire tread will not be nice and flat, thus resulting in less than optimum traction and tread life.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Exactly. Nice to see ya Bryan. It's Rishie. The mountable wheel width is dependant on the tire width and profile. The taller the profile the thinner of a wheel you can run.

With regards to what is in Magazines and what stillen uses, the primary reason they have to run those sizes is cause of the difficult finding a wheel with the ideal offset. I have compromised and am continuing to comprise a database of these wheels for ideal fitment on the altima.

This will retain your stock gearing. If you go into a tire calculator you can see what I mean. Now to find out manufacturer's recommended wheel width for a particular size tire, you should be able to go to their website and look under specs. Or you could go to tire rack and select the tire. Then click the specs button to the right side.

Later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found some tire models that will not have a problem recommending a 245/45/18 on a 7.5" wheel, but none showed a 7" wide wheel. Beware of the offset you use as well. With a 7.5" wide wheel a low to mid +40 offset should work fine without rubbing in a 245/45/18.

Later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts