The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will dealer install..

Thai i know u will be the first to reply so i'll make this to u. I have a 2.5s basic no convenience package will the dealer install xenon lights for me.

later

·
Be Prepared, son.
176 Posts
Dealers want money. I'm assuming a big yes on this one. But I would check around for other import shops and see how much they charge. I know the Xenon from Nissan at invoice is like $434 or something, but the dealer will probably charge $650 including install.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think this question is actually 2 questions
1) can I purchase xenon lights from the dealer? Yup...but it's gonna cost you. I suggest you contact Ry because he sells a name brand xenon kit with high and low beam functions at a low low price (I'm gonna order from him on Saturday when I take delivery of a 95 Altima se 5sp).

2) if you purchase a xenon kit (like from Ry) can you install it yourself? I'm pretty sure you can. It should consist of wiring a box to the battery and the headlight trigger wires, then throwing in the xenon bulbs in the special holders.
If you get the dealer kit, it'll probably be even easier: plug and play a new headlight assembly.

send Ry a private message and ask him about his high/low HID kit. Then call GregV @ Mossy Nissan cuz he gives discount to Altimas.Net members.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jae

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
ThurzNite said:
I think this question is actually 2 questions
1) can I purchase xenon lights from the dealer? Yup...but it's gonna cost you. I suggest you contact Ry because he sells a name brand xenon kit with high and low beam functions at a low low price (I'm gonna order from him on Saturday when I take delivery of a 95 Altima se 5sp).

2) if you purchase a xenon kit (like from Ry) can you install it yourself? I'm pretty sure you can. It should consist of wiring a box to the battery and the headlight trigger wires, then throwing in the xenon bulbs in the special holders.
If you get the dealer kit, it'll probably be even easier: plug and play a new headlight assembly.

send Ry a private message and ask him about his high/low HID kit. Then call GregV @ Mossy Nissan cuz he gives discount to Altimas.Net members.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jae

Thanks for the plugs Jae... I've only got the Hi/Low in H4. Plus this guy has a third gen. He'll need the H1 kit. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Nissan dealerships will install Xenons with a hefty price. In Toronto, they charge $1400!! You may want to check out www.xenondepot.com. There's a group buy for it and their last quote price was around $550 U.S. You can do a search for it.

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Yep, I'm pretty sure you won't get the Xenon lights for what they cost as an option on the SE. The Maxima's HID's retail for $1200 even though they're standard (and I bet if they were done as an option they would be around $500 also since they would be installed at the factory).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.