The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
i think it has been stated that you wont rub...from readings i remember that more then a handful members are running 7.5 wide...with that offset you should be ok...donnie should be in here soon enuff to give you the final answer...

btw, what tires are you runnning???

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
taz said:
got my new 18' wheels yesterday and realized they are 7.5' wide not 7. is there a chance I will rub with the usual 225/40/18 rim offset is 42mm
Joey,

That is my exact set up now. I rubbed once only under extreme load (4 people plus three 16 inch rims with tires in the trunk)
and have never rubbed since I rolled the left rear fender.

Since you car is so low, you will most likely need to roll both rear fenders.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
don't forget, he's on my sprints!

joey, I got my angle grinder if you want to borrow it. takes just a few seconds to trim those lips off and put some rust inhibiting paint on it. I went one step further and added those door trim pieces to give protection to the tire, just in case it does rub again but it's unlikely.

·
RacingLine Guy
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coach said:
don't forget, he's on my sprints!

joey, I got my angle grinder if you want to borrow it. takes just a few seconds to trim those lips off and put some rust inhibiting paint on it. I went one step further and added those door trim pieces to give protection to the tire, just in case it does rub again but it's unlikely.
I'm going to try rolling them after work today. If it doesn't work I got my grinder around here somewhere. Thanks for the offer though. Hopefully I can get it all taken car of cause I get the tires mounted today

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
taz said:
I'm going to try rolling them after work today. If it doesn't work I got my grinder around here somewhere. Thanks for the offer though. Hopefully I can get it all taken car of cause I get the tires mounted today
I don't know if it is going to help since your car is 98 too (old paint) but try heating the area to be rolled first before you do it.

My paint did crack so I just sanded the area down and coated it with rust inhibitor like Coach (but I have not sprayed a new coat of paint yet). I drove through an entire winter with it already and not even a spot of rust yet on the primed/rust inhibited area of the fender.

·
RacingLine Guy
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I was rubbing big time, so I rolled the fenders ALOT and put in a spring spacer to stop the spring from compressing all the way on hard hits/corners. So far it's working. didn't add any height to the ride either, actually feels pretty good

·
KA24DE-T
1,726 Posts
When i went from 225/35 to 225/40 on my 18's i would rub on all 4 tires....but after i went down to a 215/40 it clears the firewall upfront. But it comes damm close. Im slammed on GC's also.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts