The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did a search and find that my auto is limited to 130 (actual 125)!?! Manual no limit. Man, I can't take much more. My decrepid Accord can hit that! Any more news on removing this limit?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:wall:
It's like many things,once you pass a certain threshold/barrier it is no longer strange,foreign, taboo or frightening. It becomes comfortable. I'm an old fart and had Charger, Roadrunner, Challenger 440 R/T, Kawasaki, so I became used to over 100 long ago. You know how it seems like your going to break the sound barrier if you hit 100 or whatever your current threshold is? Nowadays that feeling doesn't come so soon. I'm not a drag racer, I enjoy the highway speed. My Legend would hit 140(indicated) pretty easily and I notice the butterflies about then. I don't AlWAYS drive that fast , of course. But we have alot of open, fine road in Texas and sometimes it's just that time. Every once in awhile there comes a chance for a little contest of speed and I don't like paying nearly 30k for an automobile with a friggin' speed limiter. The only limiter I want is drag! I was passed by a Kia Spectra in my Accord at 125 for Christ Sake!! In that long stretch south of Waxahatchie (my bro's in Dallas/Ft. Worth know it):confused: Now that's embarrassing! Thanks for the word on the Jet my friend.
Dave, I want a grille!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a 68 Dodge Charger 440/375 hp torque monster. Fastest speed 130 @ Cross Bay Blvd in Queens, NY, Wuld hang out @ BOW WOWS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my 1st gen 5-speed to 130 with 3 other people in it. I dont know why I'm posting that but what the hell. Only "mods" are wai, Dunlop Sport A2's, and KYB-GR2 struts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why they build a 3.5SE with 245hp if ain't worth taking it over 130mph, maybe they could have just made a 2.5..........Just for the thrill, chill and Feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What they said.
I've got a little box I bought from Pivot to overrride this sort of thing, never installed-cuz the instructions are in Japanese! And almost impossible to figure otherwise. I don't savor guessing with ECU wiring. It lists Nissan on the sheet but not Altis, of course. I wonder?

It has four wires-green,white,red,black. Anyone know how to wire it?
You can get one here http://www.spwusa.com/Products.asp?UID=6292

·
What! A prenupt!
383 Posts
Did 150 in my friends twin turbo 92 or 93 Nissan 300zx. A very slow climb from 130 mph on up and my adrenaline was pumping then. Also had a 93 Yamaha FZR 600 in '95 and it topped about 147 mph. I was younger then and foolish, but I still would enjoy these speeds as long as its done like the times I've done it before. Down a long, straight, deserted stretch!
(After 5 months I totaled the street bike by trying to take a curve too fast and left most of the skin from my back along the road somewhere and not to mention 4 broken toes and ankle on left foot) So, be careful when you do these stunts. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts