The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the trunk latch wear out? or should it be something that works forever? I open and close the trunk 6 times a day, everyday...over a few years! thats a whole lotta times! i was wondering if its gonna mess up on me if i keep using it so much!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Do you mean the latch itself or the remote opening mechanism? I'd say the latch outght to be good for the life of the car if you grease it up every now and again, but the remote mechanism might be a different story depending on how it works...if its a cable actuated mechanism the cable might eventually break, but a servo-lever mechanism ought to be good for quite some time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes it will wear out. If you look at the trunk locking mechanism inside the trunk lid you will see that it is plastic. Over time the plastic will wear down and you will have to re-adjust the latch to get it to close properly. Just keep you eye on it and as soon as the plastic is worn through it is time to adjust. It probably is a good idea to put some grease on it to keep it good and lubed.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Stop being a hitman and find a new job that involve less trunk operation.

All these bodies in the big Altima trunk will wear out your rear shocks too.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
^^ Fortunately there is a TSB out for that too!

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xtrema said:
Stop being a hitman and find a new job that involve less trunk operation.

All these bodies in the big Altima trunk will wear out your rear shocks too.
:lol:...i dont know what you're talkin about..:angel1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts