The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
wow i am impressed, Rockford has a lot more specs for the subs than they used to...

That sub throws a very nice curve in a ported box, it throws a terrible curve sealed, it rolls off WAY faster than it should. From the graph i would go ported, 4 cubes total tuned to 28 Hz throws a very nice curve.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I am not sure what you are talking about, i don't know what altima vixen did.

Again i will restate, i have not heard the z series, but it does not plot out well in a sealed box, unless it is pretty large (bigger than the ported box i modeled). From the curve on win IDS it looks like this woofer was made for ported boxes. Hands on experience is very important with any sub, but very often you can get a good idea of how a sub will perform from the curve it throws.... The box that i recommended is a SQ oriented box.

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
sorry to tell you but the z series are the worst rockford subs, they suck pretty much, heard a couple people with them, mostly kids at school and such, there the ones buy one get one free at best buy.. Spend your money on something more worthwhile...

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
the z's are like the older classic's. I used to have 2 15's in a ported box that was in the back of a 89 4runner. It was powered by a ppi a600 art series. It hit a 143.00 at a db drag. The mic was placed on the rear view mirror. They will get the job done. If you can get some he's for not much more go with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts