The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 GXE front driver side window switch wont let me roll the window up. the rest of the windows work fine, but the front driver's will not go up once its down. i went to the dealer and they only sell the entire switch board which has all of the controls because the front drivers is different due to the (auto) feature.
the part is 86$ which i do not have.
Any suggestions about what i can do? or where i can get the part cheaper? Anyone ever encounter this before?
Thanks

·
Captain Obvious!
874 Posts
i've got a 2000 and i'm assuming the switches must be pretty similar.
I had the issue, what i did to resolve it was to remove the door panel (the switch controll panel is connected to the door, so be carefull) and i had to clean out the driver side window switch.
It now goes up effortlessly.

hope this helps

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have this problem with my front passenger window what should the rest of us use to clean the switch conections

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
the altimas window switches are very common to let go - exsecially the driver side master switch. i myself have already replaced 2

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
if only 1 window will not go down on the master switch , its deffinetly not a fuse.

you dont have to take the door panel off to get to the master window switch. on either the top or the bottom of the switch you can pry it up. not sure what end ,i havent done it in a while

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
If it is really a bad switch, do you know how to solder? I imagine you could take the switch on the master power window controller and swap it out for the one that goes to the rear passenger side. You'd have to do some soldering but it will get you out of a cram until you can get some money for replacement.

From what I see on eBay it looks like the master power window controller is similar to lower model years as well.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/altima-window-switch_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsotextsearchedZ2QQsorecordsperpageZ50QQfromZR6QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts