The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys just to introduce myself, i'm chris and i'm from paducah ky. i bought a 93 altima the other day to make my daily driver while i soup up my mustang. i got this thing for 400 bucks but the tranny is screwed. i'm planning on taking the engine and tranny out and maybe rebuilding the engine and converting to a stick. i told myself i wasnt gonna do anything but make this car a dependable daily driver, but i think it'll probably end up alot more than that.

well enough about that.....the whole point of this thread is that i tint windows professionally and if anyone has any tint questions i will be around on a daily basis now i'm sure to help you out.

lata
chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you want to stay away from anything that contains ammonia. we use an ammonia based prodect to take tint off with if that tells you why you shouldnt use it. in the shop we use a solution of 10% rubbing alcohol and 90% water. its cheap and does a relatively good job. for my own personal vehicle i use an tint safe autoglass cleaner from any auto parts store or the automotive section at walmart. i know turtle wax and armorall both make a good product. hope that helps you out there man.
chris

·
Wait... How big?
130 Posts
... What was I going to ask...

Oh yeah! Well, I bought my car from one of those subsidiary places of a Dodge used car place, you know those places... Well they put the sticker with the VIN and the mileage and everything, those papers with the sticky stuff all around the edge of the paper, you know those? Yeah, they suck. Well, the aftermarket tint now has streaks of sticky stuff on it, but it's not visible until the windows are foggy on the inside. I tried using some glass stuff that was "Safe for tinted windows" from WalMart's auto dept (I've also seen it at AutoZone and AAPs down here) and it just moves the stuff around, not removing it. Any tips? Tricks? Should I just retint that window? Grrr... Hehe. Thanks

pic0

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah plexus will work...but is expensive and pledge furniture polish will achieve the same result. is it the adhesive type stuff you are trying to remove from the tape? if so.....get some PAM, the cooking spray. spray a dab on a soft cloth and rub the spots with it. if its the adhesive it will come off. alot of times we tape up scraps and use them when we can and we get adhesive from the tape stuck to the film, the pam spray takes it off everytime. just a little trick of the trade, hehe.
chris

·
Wait... How big?
130 Posts
windertinter said:
yeah plexus will work...but is expensive and pledge furniture polish will achieve the same result. is it the adhesive type stuff you are trying to remove from the tape? if so.....get some PAM, the cooking spray. spray a dab on a soft cloth and rub the spots with it. if its the adhesive it will come off. alot of times we tape up scraps and use them when we can and we get adhesive from the tape stuck to the film, the pam spray takes it off everytime. just a little trick of the trade, hehe.
chris
It worked! Yay! Congrats to me and thank you for letting out a trade secret ;) Woohoo! No more sticky back window... People thought I was doing dirty things back there... Hehe, not really.

Muchas gracias!

pic0

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man....how u gonna tell someone to use windex? windex contains ammonia, we take tint OFF with an ammonia based product. in the shop we use 10% rubbing alcohol/90% water mixture...its cheap to sum it up. for my own car, i use some kind of tint safe auto glass cleaner from any major auto parts store. i prefer the armorall or turtle wax versions myslef
chris

·
Banned
60 Posts
On Guam we got no rules for tinting....I have my entire car limo tinted....the Front of the car is tinted all the way down extra dark.....The car is jet black so it looks mean.....I'll try to get some pics up........

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
windertinter said:
man....how u gonna tell someone to use windex? windex contains ammonia, we take tint OFF with an ammonia based product. in the shop we use 10% rubbing alcohol/90% water mixture...its cheap to sum it up. for my own car, i use some kind of tint safe auto glass cleaner from any major auto parts store. i prefer the armorall or turtle wax versions myslef
chris
hehe, sorry i mixed it with water.. i also have one of the armor all product

works great

·
Registered
264 Posts
how much would it cost to to tint an 03 altima all the way around 25 or 30% (including rear windshield, front and back side windows, NOT mirrors or top of front windshield)? i know the fronts cant be less than 70% in cali (where i go to school) but the rest there is no reg i dont think. i live in WA where i will do most of my driving and its 35% on all windows there, so i figure 5 or 10% extra wont alert the unwary observer, not to mentoion my front windows will be rolled down most the time because im only at home during the summer., and then im in cali during school and its always nice down here=) thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
eeek need an asnwer plz!

·
Banned
270 Posts
dammit, i've been using windex to clean both outside & inside of my windows...i've got 5% tint, i better try something else...Can i still use windex on the outside windows?? and what about Rain X?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts