The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my trim on the outside of the side windows because it looks like crap. Other than the dealer does anyone know where I might find them I’m really not sure how the come off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is window trim that I need replacement for does anyone know what it’s called so I can call some junkyards or parts houses and ask for the right thing

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Don't be surprised if dealer is the only place to get that and the price will likely be sky high.

They generally just snap on but commonly in a way that involves damage removing them. Have you tried something simple like wiping them down with say Armorall to clean and reshine them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks AMC49. I’ve tried everything to no avail I was hoping someone would have a solution that I have not tried. I know going to the dealer is my very very last solution and I will just live with it before that. I might just spray paint them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks AMC49. I’ve tried everything to no avail I was hoping someone would have a solution that I have not tried. I know going to the dealer is my very very last solution and I will just live with it before that. I might just spray paint them.
Try Solution Finish, it's a dye made for faded plastics. Wear gloves and tape the surrounding area.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
I need to replace my trim on the outside of the side windows because it looks like crap. Other than the dealer does anyone know where I might find them I’m really not sure how the come off
Try Solution Finish, it's a dye made for faded plastics. Wear gloves and tape the surrounding area.
I'm having the same issue, been meaning to Plasti-Dip (Flexi-Dip) them.. procedure is similar to Solution Finish (which I'm considering trying out now, lol) I have all the plasti-dip and flexi-dip can's ready, I'm just lazy to do the project and taping off the area in this FL sun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts