The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fine Nissan owners. I am new here and searched related topics but could find what I'm dealing with exactly, so, my odd electrical situation.
  1. My power windows and locks aren't working via the door panel switches
  2. I checked all fuses and tested continuity, and the result was all good, nothing here.
  3. All windows and locks, front back, driver passenger, none work from any switch on any of the 4 doors. None.
  4. The locks DO WORK as normal using my key fob.
  5. The only other controls on the door panel are the powered side view mirrors - THESE WORK AS NORMAL!
  6. Sunroof works as normal. Everything else across the rest of the car and electrical system is working as normal.
  7. The batteries in my key fob are plenty full of juice, but I tried new ones anyway as a cheap idea based on some other reading, it was worth a try, didn't yield any fix though no surprise.
  8. I checked all fuses, all relays, everything seems totally normal.
The situation happened while I was driving. I had pulled out of a parking lot, started driving, put the windows down a little. Still driving a few minutes later I got a phone call and went to roll the windows back up to quiet down the cabin and realized they weren't working.

Stumped in Cleveland and trying to avoid a $500 dealer visit!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,892 Posts
Could just be the driver door window/lock switch cluster...they fail and cause weird problems with both windows and locks. The fact that the fob works normally would indicate the BCM is good.

Try rolling your windows up/down using the driver door keylock...ie turn and hold to roll up/roll down. If that works, I'd be pretty sure it's the door switch cluster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could just be the driver door window/lock switch cluster...they fail and cause weird problems with both windows and locks. The fact that the fob works normally would indicate the BCM is good.

Try rolling your windows up/down using the driver door keylock...ie turn and hold to roll up/roll down. If that works, I'd be pretty sure it's the door switch cluster.
Thanks, I just tried this. With the car both fully off, and on, I put the key in the driver-side keylock and turned and held left, nothing. Turned and held right, and nothing. Held the position for 10-15 seconds with both on and off, and nothing.

·
6,892 Posts
Hmmm, maybe it's door wiring...let me have a look at the harness and get back to you (to see if the keyswitch integrates with the armrest switches).

What year specificially?

·
6,892 Posts
Ensure you checked fuses 1,2 and 3 in the inside fuse block, and I'll bet you didn't check the 40A fusible link 'I' in the +ve battery terminal block.

If that doesn't get your windows working again, then I would take the time to inspect the switch cluster in the driver door armrest...both the connector, contacts and switch housing plastic for signs of cracking, corrosion, water etc.

The driver switch console is absolutely integrated with all the window controls:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doug. It's a 13 2.5SL Altima sedan, I will be running out to look more closely in the next hour, based on your advise. I have a good feeling about this.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts