The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DIY'er
Joined
·
6,658 Posts
i installed the beta a little while ago...
had to reformat my computer after that....
i didn't find it that revolutionary... seemed more MAC like. DIdn't load up that much faster either
 

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
drunkmunky said:
i installed the beta a little while ago...
had to reformat my computer after that....
i didn't find it that revolutionary... seemed more MAC like. DIdn't load up that much faster either
of course...microsoft finally realized they were behind, they have no other choice but to copy apple


by the time "Longhorn" comes out, Apple will release OS X Tiger, making windows even more behind
 

·
your mom felt my length
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
release date is late 2005-mid 2006...somewhere in between...
at this point, i honestly think Microsoft is playing catchup with Apple in the OS department...
 

·
what is in a name?
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
yes apple maybe ahead of MS in the OS department but apple is going no where. wants this is offically released and every software company makes 64bit apps...apple will be no more b/c who the hell wants an IBM based chip when you can have a AMD or intel 64bit chip? no one b/c they will own when everything is running 64bit
 

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
clo007 said:
yes apple maybe ahead of MS in the OS department but apple is going no where. wants this is offically released and every software company makes 64bit apps...apple will be no more b/c who the hell wants an IBM based chip when you can have a AMD or intel 64bit chip? no one b/c they will own when everything is running 64bit
MS is giving Apple over a year and a half to figure out a way to counter that attack. im sure Apple is already in the process of taking away that advantage from MS
 

·
what is in a name?
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
the issue is that intel and amd chips are run on PC's, not apples....
 

·
what is in a name?
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
the only good apple system are ones for animation and graphics...other than that, they are a washout.
but i know what you mean rev...die hard apple users will stay die hard apple users.
i only wish apple didn't cheat on there benchmark tests of when they ran the dual G5 vs a dual Xeon PC...alot of the apple users saw that as apple being superior, when in all reality the testing was done to favor the apple to begin with...eg. xeons HT was turned off and other things, while G5 had all of its known abilities activitated. i found it real funny when all the computer mags started testing the dualG5 vs dual Xeons and they came up with opposite results of the apple's own testing. fishy heh.
in the end its really about what is going to sale more of...i think this is where apple makes the biggest mistake...MS sees intel and amd launching the new era for chips as usual so they follow there lead with 64bit...apple could of easily profited from when they designed there 64bit OS, but they keep it just in apple products b/c they are so superior from PC's right? wrong.
 

·
your mom felt my length
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
alot of people still think Apple is for animation/graphics/video/audio only...

people get out of 10-20 years ago and start to realize that whatever you can do on a PC you can do on a mac...only, and I mean ONLY thing that PC has advantage over the mac is when it coems to games...other than that, whatever you do everyday on a PC, you can do on a mac...

oh, and the G5 is 64bit, but like the PC, nothing is really developed for it yet...so you can't start calling out the Intel vs AMD vs IBM card over a year before a 64bit OS is out...that's just stupid thinking...

PC has about a year to get the 64bit OS going and so does Apple...it's not like Apple is going to sit around the twiddle their thumbs for a year...

and about benchmarks, who really cares? so what if you can copy a file 10 seconds faster on A system verse B system, when it comes do every day tasks, only you probably won't even notice the difference...

kinda like how car A goes 0-60 in 5.4 and car B goes 0-60 in 5.6, you really won't be able to tell the difference of that .2 seconds with normal everyday driving... so stop with the benchmarks...
 

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
Raider007 said:


people get out of 10-20 years ago and start to realize that whatever you can do on a PC you can do on a mac...only, and I mean ONLY thing that PC has advantage over the mac is when it coems to games...
not even, just run Virtual PC 6 and voila...and VP 7 is almost out also

but good post :D
 

·
what is in a name?
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
Raider007 said:



and about benchmarks, who really cares? so what if you can copy a file 10 seconds faster on A system verse B system, when it comes do every day tasks, only you probably won't even notice the difference...

kinda like how car A goes 0-60 in 5.4 and car B goes 0-60 in 5.6, you really won't be able to tell the difference of that .2 seconds with normal everyday driving... so stop with the benchmarks...
it makes a difference when say, the apple's brochure states it is the world's fastest workstation and blah blah blah, yet every pc mag who tested up against a dual xeon machine, it lost.....thats my point, so it does matter. you must be a apple lover!!!
 

·
too cute
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Jolt21 said:
of course...microsoft finally realized they were behind, they have no other choice but to copy apple


by the time "Longhorn" comes out, Apple will release OS X Tiger, making windows even more behind
Macs OS is not way ahead of windows. I use both and my mac drives me more crazy than anything. Doing the simplest thing like printing becomes a herculean task cuz you have to deal with the whole chooser BS. Program locks, well I need to restart my whole system now, windows XP just hit ctrl+alt+del and end the program. I think you are confusing OS for User Interface (UI) which are two seperate things. While the Mac OSX UI is pretty to look at, that's about as far as it goes. You can get a MS OS to mimic the same UI and still have more control over your system.
 

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
YokoShima said:
Macs OS is not way ahead of windows. I use both and my mac drives me more crazy than anything. Doing the simplest thing like printing becomes a herculean task cuz you have to deal with the whole chooser BS. Program locks, well I need to restart my whole system now, windows XP just hit ctrl+alt+del and end the program. I think you are confusing OS for User Interface (UI) which are two seperate things. While the Mac OSX UI is pretty to look at, that's about as far as it goes. You can get a MS OS to mimic the same UI and still have more control over your system.
whaaat..iv use many macs besides my new Powerbook and i have only gotten 2 programs to freeze ever....and never did i have to restart, i just did a force close (Command-Option-Esc), picked the program and voila, its gone...just as easy as control-alt-del
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top