The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NEVASLO
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a crack on my windshield (passenger side today). Its about one feet now and has already terminated at one end.

My problem is that I am in San Jose right now and have to drive back to Phoenix tomorrow. I went to an auto store and got this resin thingy that I tried. I have to see if it still spreads. I called an auto glass shop and he said it will cost me $285. I am sure I can get it done cheap and at my leisure in Arizona. But I want my car to sustain for two more days while i drive a 1000 miles back to Phoenix.

Does anyone know of any kind of a fix that will make sure that it doesn't crack anymore. Please help .....

·
Banned
243 Posts
Dont worry i went thru 5 winshields in 4 or 5 months or 6. I drove to school with a hole in the winshield in the middle cuz i was cut off and broke a bus pole and it hit my winshield. I drove around for 2 days. Oone of my winshields cracked from the bottom corner all the way up. It will hold up juz watch out for cops. They might bitch abount it. What i did is when there was a check point on a blvd. I started to whipe my winshield with my shirt so it wouldnt be so noticeable.

·
Master of NONE
82 Posts
My winshield cracked back in Nov of 04 and here we are today in july 05 and the crack is about 2 1/2 feet long from passenger side to the middle of the winshield. It has been thru car washes and home washes and snow and rain and freezing condition.

·
NEVASLO
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds so comforting. I went to an auto store and baught this resin which cures in ultra violet. After that, the crack has stayed there until now. But now I have parked my car outside in the sun and I am just hoping that it won't play mischief.

About cops; is it illegal to drive with a cracked windshield ??? I don't want a ticket on top of this. The crack is on the far right passenger side and runs to about 13" towards the centre. But it is still pretty far from the drivers side. I just hope it doesn't get worse when I drive along the death valley !!!

·
NEVASLO
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds scary. But as long as I am driving, I don't think he can even notice it unless he pulls me over for speeding or something. Damn! does that mean I can't speed ....... Grrr

·
We're watching you.
334 Posts
^^you can just say you were in a rush to the auto glass shop to get it replaced. :brow:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Keep it under 100. Or you can try drilling out (with a very small bit) the end of the crack that is still open.

Honestly I think it would be fine. My supra has a cracked windshield laterally (side to side) for about 2.5 years and I've never had any problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
damn sucks for you guys i guess, but here in shithole florida if you have full coverage on your insurance and your windshield cracks they have to replace it! i know cause i had a small rock logged in my windsheild for about 1.5 years untill i got around to calling the insurance company to come and fix that sh!t up! i cant belive how fast time goes by though!

·
Overboost Ka24det
6 Posts
My altima has had a crack for 1 year... and i wont change the windshield... you know what you do, go to your mom and ask her for some NAIL POLISH, and apply it to all the ends of the crack, inside and outside,...

that was an advice from my mecanic and it worked !!!! THE crack didnt spread...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The first question that the majority of car owners face when dealing with a cracked or chipped windshield is whether they should have it replaced or repaired.
When faced with replacing a windshield, many car owners default to the lowest-price option.
But if you take this route and are in a serious accident, your decision could cost you your life.
Windshield is a safety device. Auto glass, or windshield glass, is sometimes referred to as "safety" glass.
When it comes to quality windshield replacement, We Buy Windshield is trusted name for the car windshield replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts