The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 20 minute drive on the interstate, I pulled over for a coffee. As I walk out to my car I notice the black plastic moulding along the top of the windshield is coming loose in the center. I just happened to be close to a Nissan dealer so I stopped in and made an appointment. The Tech says it has to be "resealed." I'll see about the warped rotar at this time as well (see brake/tire/suspension forum). I now *officially* can say I should have gone with the Acura TSX, but I'll have to wait until next year to trade this piece of shit in!

·
No, you can't drive it!
683 Posts
I expect an Acura will have similar problems if it is driven frequently at its limited speed too!

Is this your first car? Even Honda products aren't perfect. Most of your posts seem to be complaints. Ease up and enjoy the good things like the kick ass acceleration and decent handling.

Fred

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 93 Maxima, and have a 93 Accord also. I drove/drive them the same way I drive the 05 Alty, and the new Alty is the only one with quality issues. I DO enjoy the extra HP and torque! This thing absolutely FLIES! It's that same 'responsible side' of me that tells me not to drive over 80 that is telling me this car will be dead by 60,000 miles! I've got a new marketing slogan!
"Nissan. Never again!"
I will say that, stylistically, I love the Altima. It blows away everything else out there in its class!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually had a few cars throughout my life. A 280ZX - TONS of fun, easy to work on. 79 Camaro - You just gotta get an old Camaro when you are in high school! New rear tires every 10k miles, and always fun to work on it, which you MUST do! 96 Ford Ranger -- the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, but a terror to drive in the rain with anything less than a full tank to weigh down the rear end! The 93 Maxima I sold to get into the 05 Alty (big mistake). And a 93 Accord that will outlive my grand children! The Accord may be a little slow, definately lackluster styling, but the damn thing simply will NOT break down. And yes, all vehicles were driven to their full MPH limits on a very regular basis, with the 93 Maxima (5spd) beating them all!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
my friend has an acura TSX with paint problems(rear bumper paint is flakeing) and his driver side seat rail broke :). Acura is infamous for its crappy glass transmissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts